Dragon Ball Kai discussion

Koby

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to seeing how Funimation does with this. Know Sabat want to keep the script close to the original this time around. If he can do that, I'd be happy. Plus I hope some of the new cast do well with the voices. I do hope that by watching the 1st episode, all my questions will be answered that I have about the series.

how is nick and their censorship of anime??

Do they censor as much as toonami??

I'll answer it using Avatar: the Last Airbender

They said that Aang was not allowed to kill Ozai. so thats why Aang was kicking himself over and over again.

Does that answer ur question?

I'll answer it using Avatar: the Last Airbender

They said that Aang was not allowed to kill Ozai. so thats why Aang was kicking himself over and over again.

Does that answer ur question?

erm........But avatar was a Nick production.

Have they shown anime in the past?

i don't know if most of you know this but dragonball z kai is already slightly edited for a more family friendly way, even in the original japanese version like ok when goku was holding raditz and piccolo uses that attack, in the original DBZ there is a hole in raditz and goku but in dbz kai the japanese version there is no hole

so even though it is already edited, unfortunately it will most likely be edited even more for nick toons...

side note if my information is wrong about the difference between the DBZ and DBZ Kai, i just wanted to say i'm sorry ahead of time but i'm pretty sure i'm right..

i don't know if most of you know this but dragonball z kai is already slightly edited for a more family friendly way, even in the original japanese version like ok when goku was holding raditz and piccolo uses that attack, in the original DBZ there is a hole in raditz and goku but in dbz kai the japanese version there is no hole

so even though it is already edited, unfortunately it will most likely be edited even more for nick toons...

side note if my information is wrong about the difference between the DBZ and DBZ Kai, i just wanted to say i'm sorry ahead of time but i'm pretty sure i'm right..

Really? Whats so bad about a hole? Hell every hollow in Bleach has a hole in them. =P

Really? Whats so bad about a hole? Hell every hollow in Bleach has a hole in them. =P

well it's not only that the original japanese version of DBZ kai is edited ok there's less blood no real gore it's already edited so there you go and bleach is way different lol :)

• 2 weeks later...

exportwizard1.png

As we all know, Dragon Ball Z Kai will be coming to NickToons later this month. But what we didn’t know is 4Kids Entertainment has also joined on the DBZ Kai fun, signing up for a U.S. broadcast premiere on TheCW4Kids Saturday Morning television block!

4Kids Entertainment has reached agreement with FUNimation Entertainment and Toei Animation Co., Ltd., to license the U.S. broadcast television rights to the new animated television series “Dragon Ball Z Kai”.

Sneak peeks of “Dragon Ball Z Kai” will be seen this summer before the series premieres as a regularly scheduled program on TheCW4Kids Saturday morning block during the 2010-2011 broadcast season. 4Kids will also have “Dragon Ball Z Kai” episodes available for streaming on its popular www.4kids.tv and www.4kidstv.com websites.

Source: http://www.saiyanisland.com/2010/04/dragonballz-kai-on-thecw4kids/#more-239

• 2 weeks later...
hmm.. this is news to me, I'm more excited about the uncut dvd releases though, dbz is a show that is always best to be veiwed unedited in my opinion.( oh, and how do I know if i'm reviving an old topic?)

Just so you know.. even the uncut DB Kai episodes will seem edited.

From what I heard. Toei decided to remove blood from the series altogether with Kai.

Just so you know.. even the uncut DB Kai episodes will seem edited.

From what I heard. Toei decided to remove blood from the series altogether with Kai.

Yup that's right.

Does the news article mention at all when DBZ Kai will actually start airing on the CW4Kids?

Like has an actual premiere/airing date been mentioned yet? (MM/DD/YYYY)

By the way, I assume that DBZ Kai airing on Cartoon Network was a rumor after all?

Yup that's right.

Does the news article mention at all when DBZ Kai will actually start airing on the CW4Kids?

Like has an actual premiere/airing date been mentioned yet? (MM/DD/YYYY)

By the way, I assume that DBZ Kai airing on Cartoon Network was a rumor after all?

I haven't seen any dates. But it says "2010-2011 broadcast season". So I'm guessing sometimes this Winter as it's the only broadcast season that goes between 2 years. I could be wrong though, but it talks about sneak peaks coming this summer. So it means that at the earliest.. it'll be after Summer.

I haven't seen any dates. But it says "2010-2011 broadcast season". So I'm guessing sometimes this Winter as it's the only broadcast season that goes between 2 years. I could be wrong though, but it talks about sneak peaks coming this summer. So it means that at the earliest, it'll be after Summer.

Oh, alright, thanks for explaining all of that to me :).

I'll be waiting for the DVD Rips of DBZ Kai Eps 1-13 personally, since they will be out 6 days before Episodes 1 & 2 air on Nicktoons.