What book did you last read, currently reading, or will read next?

Citizenmanman

Last read: Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey.

It's not really my cup of tea. Seems more like a teenage novel to me. And I'm used to reading things more... mature than that.

Currently reading: Duma Key by Stephen King

Love it so far! His stories are always really gripping.

Next to read: War Horse by Michael Morpurgo.

Oh my god, I just realized it's a children's novel. After I called Sandman Slim childish! How ironic. Anyway, if the movie's good, I'll check out the book for kicks and giggles.

I just finished reading 'Alias Grace' by Margaret Atwood. It was an interesting read, since you couldn't be sure if the narrators were really telling you the truth or not. My only problem with it was the ending, it seemed bland but then again the novel was based on historical events and I guess it wouldn't have been believable to make up something random and wild.

I'm currently reading 'The Master and Margarita' and listening to it too, via audiobook. George Guidall's accents are perfect and he makes the whole thing 10 times more fun than it is on the page (which is pretty funny, satirical and thought-provoking on its own).

I am currently reading The Way of Shadows, written by Brent Weeks. It's the first book in a trilogy (the Night Angel Trilogy), and I would suggest it to anyone looking for a good read. The second book, Shadow's Edge, is the next book on my list to read. For those who are interested, here is a summary:

"For Durzo Blint, assassination is an art-and he is the city's most accomplished artist.

For Azoth, survival is precarious. Something you never take for granted. As a guild rat, he's grown up in the slums and learned to judge people quickly-and tot ake risks. Risks like apprenticing himself to Durzo Blint.

But to be accepted, Azoth must turn his back on his old life and embrace a new identity and name. As Kylar Stern, he mist learn to navigate the assassins' world of dangerous politics and strange magic-and cultivate a flair for death."

This book has something for everyone-action, heroes, villains, the people who walk on the borderline of those titles, forbidden romance, magic, sword fighting, murder, mystery, sorrow, etc. Like I said above, If you're looking for a good read, I would definitely suggest it.