FFX HD for PS3 and PSVita

nemarious

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if anyone has posted this here or not.

Since I'm gonna get me a Vita on it's day of release on Feb 22, I was PSYCHED to hear this.

Between this, the new Uncharted, the new Resistance and Street Fighter X Tekken, I'd say the Vita's gonna kick 3DS's ass all the way.

I most certainly agree with you. I bought a 3DS on launch but it is now gathering dust due to a lack of games. Sure the Nintendo mascots can be trounced out again and again for easy money but their constant happy-go-lucky bull gets on my nerves after a while. The good news is there's a Tales games supposed to be coming out some point this year which will mean I'll have to dust it off for a bit.

On the other hand, the PSV's launch lineup has far more for me to be excited about but unfortunately for Sony the disappointment of the 3DS launch has put me off buying another handheld the day of release so they'll probably have to wait for at least a year for my money. With announcement's like this it is almost certain I'll buy one when there's a nice stockpile of games.

I most certainly agree with you. I bought a 3DS on launch but it is now gathering dust due to a lack of games. Sure the Nintendo mascots can be trounced out again and again for easy money but their constant happy-go-lucky bull gets on my nerves after a while. The good news is there's a Tales games supposed to be coming out some point this year which will mean I'll have to dust it off for a bit.

On the other hand, the PSV's launch lineup has far more for me to be excited about but unfortunately for Sony the disappointment of the 3DS launch has put me off buying another handheld the day of release so they'll probably have to wait for at least a year for my money. With announcement's like this it is almost certain I'll buy one when there's a nice stockpile of games.

That's actually a good idea. Upon hearing the announcement for the 3DS, the only game i was excited about was the Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, but when it does come out, I'll just borrow the college 3DS for a week and finish it then.

The Vita's gonna be getting a tonne of awesome games next year, from Persona 4's re-launch to Disgaea 3, all PS3 titles which i desperately wanted to be portable.

And judging from the cut-scene quality, I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Back to FFX though, I hope they add some new features while they're at it, like extending the game a little and letting you play as Yuna or Auron for a while. If they can nail that, then I'm happy with everything else since the best FF world I've seen thus far is that of FFX.

I'd be willing to play even a shitty game just to be able to go to Spira again.

• 4 weeks later...
blitzball was awesome, so awesome i actually have one

i would be all for ffx hd if they remove kimahri

he is pointless beyond belief

Every game has a character that serves little purpose and they are usually the character that can steal/eat/absorb enemy abilities. I actually liked Kimahri though as he added a different race to the party and I thought his race looked awesome. I'd often use him in my party after I had beefed him up to be my powerhouse.

Every game has a character that serves little purpose and they are usually the character that can steal/eat/absorb enemy abilities.

I'd also add comic relief to that list in some games.

I can't say I really cared all that much for Kimahri. I think overall FF-X has one of the worst selection of characters in any of the FF games. On the positive side the VA was far superior to XIII. Don't get me wrong I liked the game but I thought the characters were rather bland. Like Koby said Kimahri actually added some variety, at least in terms of looks.

I think my problem with it was that it had too many lame characters. Waka was lame, Riku was lame and for me Lulu was lame. A goth blackmage? Seriously! Auron was the best character in my opinion purely because he was so badass not even death could stop him.

Add to the that the somewhat more realistic love scenes with Yuna and Tidus and it makes the game worth playing even if you're not a Final Fantasy fanboy. I think the whole game was rather a melancholic look at duty and responsibility; stepping up when you're the only one that can.

• 2 weeks later...
Man, this really shot off over night didn't it...

The way I understand it, being somewhat of a programmer, is that for remaking/remastering a PS2 game to play on the PS3 the majority of the time will be on the graphics. The actual hardware architecture from the consoles is obviously very different so whenever the code calls for some specific hardware that code will obviously have to be changed. The best example I can think of is saving.

This is pretty accurate. The issue was the Emotion Engine (a chip included in the PS2) that was removed from the PS3 to save production costs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion_Engine

• 5 weeks later...

FFX is easily the best FF game i hv played, i dnt believe in buying games again in PS3 just coz its in HD, but i'l make an exception only for FFX. . . its dat gud . . . had played it more than 5 times in PS2 :)

And yeah i agree with Zodiark74, blitzball is kinda borin at first, but if u keep playin it for a while, it gets really fun :)

• 3 weeks later...
I actually have a question about all these HD remakes. We were told by Sony that the PS3 doesn't have the power to emulate PS2 games in software. Yet we're seeing HD versions of these games running on this system. The architecture of the PS3 is completely different to the PS3, so its not a question of just swapping out textures, you'd have to reprogram the games from the ground up. At least, that's how I understand it, so I could be wrong.

Edit: Oh, and I might play FFX...if they just got rid of Tidus. God that laugh scene of his makes me want to kill myself. Check out Spoony's review of FFX.

http://spoonyexperiment.com/category/game-reviews/final-fantasy-x/

HOOOLLLDDDD ON... do you have that scene out of context or something? that whole laughing scene was there as a joke between him and Yuna. the whole point was Yuna needed to lighten up. Thats ONE SCENE. the rest of the game is AMAZING. maybe you should actually play the game yourself BEFORE you judge it.