Grand Re-Opening of Forgotten Memories Forums!

Koby

What's this? I believe it's the fourth restart of our forums? Man.. Well with alot of history behind our forums there is no way possible I'd let it just end. Here we are back again, and theres nothing anyone can do to stop us from returning every time.

Anyhow we are now using Simple Machine Forums software, because our old software we were using was Invision Power Board v1.3 and it's very outdated and insecure. Invision Power Board does have newer versions but you have to pay to use them, and even their latest versions aren't any securer. I know, I know, I promised to use vBulletin, but I haven't managed to get it yet and I was tired of the forum being away. So I opened this one.

Why SMF you ask? Well as mentioned above about Invision Power Board is reason enough as to why we couldn't use it again. But as for others such as Mybb, well Mybb is just plain crappy, Nextbbs is still in very early beta testing, wbblite is very old and outdated with not many features, and Phpbb v2 is getting old and not very secure. There is however Phpbbv3 but it's still in beta testing as well. Now I'm not too fond of SMF myself, but of the available choices, I decided it was best.

Don't worry, we will STILL be getting vBulletin, it's just going to take longer then expected. When we do get vBulletin everything will be transferred so we will NOT restart. We will remain with all current posts and members that we obtain with this forum. So please do join and become an active member.

We are currently looking for new staff. The open positions are Admin, Co-Admin, Super Moderator, Moderator, Graphics Crew, Contest Crew, Roleplay Staff, and Advertise Staff. And we will be more open for staff this go around so if in the past you were turned down, then we may accept you this time around.

I don't know what to give as prizes so any suggestions are available, but I'd like to hold a contest on bringing new members to the forum, because we could really use some new active members. And if anyone has any suggestions for the forums such as boards, categories, skins, mods, or anything at all please do not hesitate to let me know!

Thank you,

-Koby.

Nutz I don't really like it myself much, but It's the best of the current available options. Shinji, yes of course, my right hand (or should I say left hand) man. xD I will setup the staff shortly. Contradicting Reality or Phoenix Risen I shall consider you too. Yes it's still alive.. Thank you everyone for returning. I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

I had a few hundred posts but after a series of my computer breaking down and finally not being able to fix it, I was off for good. I wasn't to active then because I did not know anyone here. Well, except a few people that is.

Staff spots eh? I am willing, but then I would have to prove myself I guess. But I guess I do have good refrences. Oh well, I will see how things work out. Glad this site is back up though. I didn't like finding it shutdown.