Jump to content
idl12

anti form in kh 2 explained?

Recommended Posts

So it's been a while since I beat kh2 and I can't remember if this was ever explained in the game, but sora randomly turn's into anti Sora, now this I can reason down to some cliche rpg element like darkness still being in his heart and whatnot, what I never understood though is that whenever you die as anti sora, Mickey magically pops out and fights for you and after which, when mickey dies, Sora and company returns at full strength and they all never seem to notice that the one they were looking for just pwned some guys right in front of them...wtf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So it's been a while since I beat kh2 and I can't remember if this was ever explained in the game, but sora randomly turn's into anti Sora, now this I can reason down to some cliche rpg element like darkness still being in his heart and whatnot, what I never understood though is that whenever you die as anti sora, Mickey magically pops out and fights for you and after which, when mickey dies, Sora and company returns at full strength and they all never seem to notice that the one they were looking for just pwned some guys right in front of them...wtf?

I can't remember either. It's been ages since I played it. I never died though.. so the whole thing about Mickey showing up surprises me. Perhaps I'll have to replay it just to die. Though I only turned into anti like once or twice out of like 4 play throughs. I think you turn into it if you use your forms way too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can enlighten you on that. Supposedly, it was an in-game quip the developers made. If you relied too heavily on the Drive Force power (i.e. if you used it a whole lot), then when you tried to enter a Form at one point, it would randomly shift to Anti-Form.

As for Mickey showing up, it only happened during the boss battle in Beast's castle (i forgot which Nobody you were fighting). Apparently, Mickey was right there and waiting for Sora's Anti-Form to get beaten so he could arrive and hold the Nobody at bay while he recovered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol even I wondered where that anti form came from.

I just assumed it was an old heartless form thats based from part 1.

Anyway as Iki said, the form would appear mostly if you rely on drive forms. Its happened to me ALOT of times in the past. But as far as him dying in that form and mickey showing up, I remember it happening when I was in the nobody castle. (aka the white headquarters and that was during a boss fight too)

And I think I remember mickey showing up in beast's castle too, again with a boss battle.... :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah right, i remember now, he only showed up during boss battles, he showed up three times for me, once in beast's castle, then at some point in hollow bastion I believe, I can't remember the other time, still find it funny how no one even realizes he was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that'd be cuz most of the boss fights are real easy in KH2. If anyone were to ask me to compare the games, I'd say 1 is harder than 2.

Despite that, I'm ashamed to say that a few of my boss battles in it were not "absolutely flawless". Once the boss in Beast's Castle started up a combo, I figured out how to get out of it but basic raw instincts made me buttom mash which lowered my health even further. That coupled with the fact I was in Anti Form when I had planned on getting Valor and instead of 2 keyblades, I was left with none and Donald gone made me lose half my health in 10 minutes.

After that, I played as Mickey a while and not used to him either, I lost soon enough and finished off the Boss with Sora.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o.O I found KH2 extremely easy. The only battle I lost in normal mode was Sephiroth. In Proud mode I only died like two times and again one of them was against Sephiroth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mickey showed up for me against Cerberus in Hades but that was it. Mickey has no finishing moves so it's impossible to defeat a boss with him. As for Anti-Form, it's the whole concept of balance built into the game: light and Darkness. There's a hidden counter for using Drive form too much, and if it gets high enough you shift to anti form. Again with balance, final form being light wipes the count back to zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Again with balance, final form being light wipes the count back to zero.

Speaking of final form, anyone remember at one point do you get that?

For me it happened the moment I used the master form while fighting in the nobody castle and instead of turning yellow it turned white! O.o

I mean unlike other forms that are supposed to show you getting them after an event, this form just came out as a surprise to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

king miky shows up randomly when you die you dont have to be in anti form

i think the anti form is Vanitus from BBS id explane further but its a spoiler to people who havent played BBS yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Using Valor and Wisdom form increase the chance of you going into anti form by 1. Master form increases it by 2, and Final Form resets the counter And you get Final Form at random after Sora encounters Roxas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The nobody at beasts castle was called Xaldin. And the anti form was pretty useful, extremely quick even tho defense and attack were down and no magic. Saved me against the guy with the needler type guns. Xigbar i think might have been his name.

@Drevan

How was wisdom form fast? all he could do was glide, and shoot and glide at the same time. IMO he was the worst out of the forms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why you turn Anti-Form, but it's actually happened to be quite a bit. Especially in the match against Xigbar (The gun guy right?). Or maybe that was Saix. Not sure.

And Mickey has popped up a lot to save me. He's friggin amazing. (Btw, I played on Proud mode if that matters)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Anti form is explained in the game not as a fail safe to counter form abuse but as a form drawing on the darkness of the heart. If you go to Yen Sid's tower and go in the fairy godmother room and check the mirrors, each has a line regarding a specific form, (An image of unleasing the Keyblades Ultimate potential flows through you) This for exemple is the Final Form. The Anti Form is the darkness surging.

The game mechanics regarding it is that for every drive you do, 1 point is added.

Every NEW form gained resets the counter.

0-3 point your safe, it's impossible no matter what to go Anti Form.

3-5 is 25%

5-8 is 50%

8+ is 75%.

Various situation also add a modifying value.

Boss Battles make your odds 1.5x higher.

Same for event battes.

Organisation fights 2x the chances.

Organisation MEMBER fights 4x (100% chance)

Every time you go Anti Form, it removes 5points.

The final form is the other side of the Anti Form. It works along with it for unlocking it.

After witnessing the fight with Roxas, you have a 50% chance of entering Final Form instead of Anti Form. Just spamming form wont work tho, for Anti Form to activate, you must be in a battle.

Final Form doesn't reset the counter each time it's used. Instead it reduces the counter by 10 points AND the Final Form is the ONLY form that CAN'T trigger the Anti Form no matter what.

As for Mickey, he could show up to save you from a game over at 7 or 8 SPECIFIC boss battles. One of which being Xaldin cause that dragon tornado blast is such a ****. Every time he showed up, the next time odds decreased by 25% until it reached 25%. So you had 1 chance to be saved then 75%, then 50% then 25% every other time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...