Thinking of Closing the Forums..

Koby

I just got back home...my mom put me out again so with all this crap that I just went threw...expect a Rant Of The Koga 2 because I have a LOT to say...and I'm still VERY pissed at my situation. *sigh* Koby if you decide to close it I'm fine with that but let's just wait it out a little 1st. I understand that people are busy with school and whatnot...and I most definitly fill ya if you are in college. But at least try to come and post maybe once a day. As said before if each of out member posted just once a day, we'd have more posts. I mean seriously, if I see your name on the who's online list, I'd hope you'd be posting something. If you really believe we have noting to talk about here...than do what you should do in real life. Start a conversation. Just make a new topic. We need you guys to help us out but it seems o matter how much we cry out...especially Koby, it falls on def ears and we end up in the exact same spot. Come on guys. If you love this place like some of you say, help us keep this place going. We 've been here for years and it would suck for us to go down this way.

EDIT: Uh...what happened to my old rant topic? o.O

We aren't really focused on any particular game really. It's sort of a "general" forum now.. though their is sub-forums for final fantasy in the gaming section.. and I'd like to think we focus on anime & gaming.. but really we don't. We offer Anime & Music downloads.. though the music is mostly for Anime & Video Game related music.. :/

I know that just a few wont matter, that is what I'm trying to say.. a few people don't make or break a community forum.. it's the community of people who do.. hence the words "community message board". The death of this place is because one by one members left, and then others left because the people they came here for were no longer visiting.. which then caused a chain reaction to the point of complete inactivity among the masses.

Which brings us to now.. we need to all try to come together and post at least once when we visit (I notice quite a few members visit, but they always leave without posting), if those who visit would make it a habit to at least post to something.. it would then give someone else something to reply to, and so on.. and with just one simple post from 01 to 20 people, this forum would be lively.

It's another point I'm trying to get across. We need NEW members as well. The problem is though, new visitors wont join or be as tempted to join unless they see some activity.. so while the current members are sitting back not posting, waiting on new people to join, they are the reason new ones don't join. So it's kind of contradicting. If you want new people to talk to and help the activity of the place, you must first try to be active yourselves.

But I can't seem to get anyone to post.. so it's like a losing battle.. and it feels like no one listens anyways. O.o

----------

I don't use instant messengers really anymore, lol.. haven't logged onto msn in several months. I need to start logging in, but I'm always busy with something and when I do it's like 50+ people all try to talk to me. So it makes it hard to do anything much less talk and keep up with all the convos.

Well, I know what you mean by not being focused on any one particular thing anymore, but the forums still have that air about them, if you know what I mean... I mean, sure, you can talk about any game, but the banners and such always feature anime and/or Final Fantasy characters, so that in itself gives the forums that sort of feel to it. Plus, I remember back when FM was almost purely focused on Final Fantasy, so I guess I'll always think of it that way.

About the members... What I meant was that old members not wanting to post deal with the same reasons new people will not BECOME members. Even old members aren't going to want to post if nobody else is around to talk to. Like you said... It's extremely contradicting.

I wish I had some brilliant idea that would save this place, I really do; unfortunately, as you may have guessed by now, I do not. This place is wrapped in a paradox that it may never escape; indeed, the paradox itself is blocking the escape.

The way I see it, everybody needs to basically think of this as a forum just starting up. How did you build the original Forgotten Memories forums up to what they were? You know, WAY back when this place had, I don't know... Was it thousands of posts per day? I don't remember. You know what I'm talking about, though, I hope.

Anyway, everybody is going to have to see this as a new forum, not a forum that was once great but has since diminished. Otherwise, I don't think Kametsu will ever revive. Unfortunately, I know you've tried everything you can think of, Koby; quite frankly, I'm surprised the free downloads didn't work. When you first brought up the idea, I thought that would bring people flocking. I guess Warez sites and torrents are just too popular nowadays, though.

The only thing I could really think of is to make a full-blown Warez section on the site; include spots for games, movies, software, etc. This would, however, be extremely illegal and could potentially get some people -- namely yourself -- into a lot of trouble.

It just seems like all people are interested in is free, well... free whatever. I can honestly say I've spent MUCH more time on Warez sites in the last six months than any sort of forum for just talking. The only time I really even post on forums anymore is to give a "thanks" for downloading music or a game or whatever.

Again, sorry I'm not much help in the matter. I just can't think of anything you haven't already tried that could really give this place the boost it needs. =/

Hey Koby, sorry i havent been on the forums much. I've had some hard times the past few weeks. I just found out my best friends mom just passed away so thats been getting me. I just started my new job which is going alright. I still need to get internet in my room so ill be here alot more when i get that settled in. Please dont close down the forums :'(

• 2 months later...