Anyone play Magic: the Gathering?

JCBeezy

MTG Is just mad addicting haha. My group burns out on it pretty quickly but we tend to try and one-up each other in our deck building.

I recently took apart my standard dimir deck to make a non-tournament legal mill deck after taking apart my other bursty multiplayer mill. Mind Funeral > Mind Grind imho. With enough draw power, you can drop Jace, Memory Adept to use his zero twice (which is like two free Glimpse the Unthinkables) to clear out even more land to mill even harder.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lol, as a result of the new Set.

The Legendary and Mythic Rule has been reworked. Now Lets say player A) Plays a Jace, Memory Adept; Player B) Can also play a Jace, Memory Adept and neither would explode as a result of Creature Uniqueness; however if I had a Jace, Memory Adept; and a regular Jace Beleren, I have to sacrifice one of them as per the new "Uniqueness" rule. Same applies with Legendary Creatures.

Lol, as a result of the new Set.

The Legendary and Mythic Rule has been reworked. Now Lets say player A) Plays a Jace, Memory Adept; Player B) Can also play a Jace, Memory Adept and neither would explode as a result of Creature Uniqueness; however if I had a Jace, Memory Adept; and a regular Jace Beleren, I have to sacrifice one of them as per the new "Uniqueness" rule. Same applies with Legendary Creatures.

LAAAAAAAME!!!! It is true that this will allow both people to try and combo, but it also means that copy creatures just got really overpowered. I think this is a move in the wrong direction, but oh well.

Also the new set looks decent, not that many exciting cards but I like how they are pushing for mono-coloured decks to be used again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sort of a necro here, but if anyone is having trouble finding players their own age, they should really check out their local game shops (LGS). Most have multiple MTG events weekly and draw in a very diverse playerbase. Your mileage may vary, obviously, but most shops have a fantastic atmosphere. Also, the newest set was just fully spoiled tonight. You can check out the cards here: http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/article.aspx?x=mtg%2Ftcg%2Fbornofthegods%2Fcig

• 1 month later...

I still have a few pretty good decks.

Sadly they're all 'legacy', so it's kind of hard to find folks who are willing to battle with you.

My elf and sliver decks are horribly overpowered.

Legacy is more fun if you have money. Still, unless you have a winning combo in 4 turns or less, then legacy isn't the way to go. Either way, I can win games in three turns with my Painters Servant deck if I get the perfect hand.

Also legacy cards work perfectly with EDH, which is what I am really into right now.

I started playing magic when Alliances came out and stopped around Odyssey. I picked it back up when Return to Ravnica came out and I've been playing strong since. I don't really like the new "mythic" class, but what are you going to do. I used to play competitively, but now I have a mortgage so that's not really an option =0)

• 2 weeks later...

I play predominantly green-white or green black but I can also play with any deck that doesn't have red in it.

I'm just way too cautious and passive a player to use red well.

Does anyone else have a colour that they just can't use?

Currently I am having a hard time with white. Although I can use it, normally it has to be with another colour to make it worthwhile. And its funny because when I started, white was my favourite.

i play every once in a while with friends i run a white black and blue myr sacrifice deck as my main then i have an white green and blue angel deck and a white and green life deck but my friends banned my myr deck saying i made it to evil and impossible to beat i told them that just because it wins 99% of the time doesn't mean it is unbeatable but they still banned it 

Edited by zlowery2004