Manifest Xll: To The Next Level Melbourne Showgrounds 2011

Xanodus

From Friday the 26th of August to Sunday the 28th of August, an anime and manga convention was held at the Melbourne Showgrounds. I went, and I believe others went too, Shazi, Dartril, etc. It was great, so I thought I'd fill in those who didn't go.

There was a merchandise hall holding so much awesome merchandise-only most of it was expensive >.< Although, I did buy a lot of stuff from there ;) There was a great varety of items there, such as keyrings, mangas, dvds, soundtracks, cosplay shops, plushie shops and events and movies. Even the cafe's there were spiced up a bit, as the waiters and waitresses were dressed up and cosplaying too!

There was also a little "disco" under the Pie In The Sky, in which many cosplayers jumped in and had some fun dancing and performing the Macarena.

There were some famous guests, such as Singer/Songwriter Elodie Adams, and some anime stars from Team 4 Star. I got Elodie's signature on my entry pass. ^_^

There were anime movies playing, such as Bleach, Paradise Kiss etc.

Elodie Adams performed a live concert in one of the main halls.

Other events were Cosplay Chess, Anime Idol, AMV Extravanganza, Anime Art Workshops, and games for everyone to play.

There was also a special event that was scheduled to occur on Saturday night, called Mani Midnight, which I unfortunately was unable to attend since it was for 18+. :(

One of the things I really enjoyed was the photography. Random Manifest workers, other cosplayer, camera crew and more came up to people and took photos of them and with them, and it was awesome. The camera crews were everywhere, taking photos and videos of everybody.

If you went this year, i hope you all had a great time, and for those who didn't, amke sure you come next year, because it was plain awesome, and I am sure you guys would've loved it!

Manifest Xll: To The Next Level!

Damn that sound like it was tons of fun with all the anime,manga and so forth happening there I hope one day I can attend one those auspicious occasions. But what is the main anime expo in the world?

To bad you never got into the Mani Midnight but don't worry about it in three years(I think) you will be able to get in there:dhh:

• 3 weeks later...