Death Note

shinji

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm actually not surprised it was shonen jump.  in order to raise sales, jump makes sure it hits ALL of the key demographics.  it get most people by bleach and naruto as you mentioned, but death note just grabs up the few left who aren't into all of the conventional stuff.  plus, because it was such a hit, it even grabbed an older demographic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10.8.2016 at 11:59 PM, tknm98 said:

I recommend Code Geass for those who like Death Note and Gundam. Both Death Note and Code Geass have very similar main characters.

I loved Code Geass, and have tried to watch Death Note since alot of people who have watched Code Geass recommend Death Note as a simular styled show. But i've never been able to get past the first two episodes of Death Note. Mabe this is cus i find the premise of the show rather stupid (killing people with a book), even tho im pretty sure if I'd just continue watching i would probably love the show. So hopefully i get around to completing the show.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2016 at 0:47 PM, Fishmonster said:

I loved Code Geass, and have tried to watch Death Note since alot of people who have watched Code Geass recommend Death Note as a simular styled show. But i've never been able to get past the first two episodes of Death Note. Mabe this is cus i find the premise of the show rather stupid (killing people with a book), even tho im pretty sure if I'd just continue watching i would probably love the show. So hopefully i get around to completing the show.

I was just like you. I watched the first episode back when it first premiered, but I couldn't get past that. A few years later I completed it and I have to say Death Note is one of the best series I've seen. The engaging thing about it is not the Death Note itself, but the events that take place once it falls on Light's hands, and also, Light's amazing development as a character. He's very similar to Lelouch, so if you watched Code Geass and loved it (as much as I did) highly suggest you put yourself through a few more episodes of Death Note. I think you'll be pleased.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...