Japanese vs. American Animation

Koby

i have to agree that avatar was the best one in America, but i grew up here and saw all the cartoons and i did like them when i was a little kid, now they all seem stupid. Anime is something that relates to some memory or emotion in a person well at least for me it does i like the meanings or the message they carry, if you know what i mean that pretty much covers it but anime is the best thing that ever happend to me. with out it i don't know what i would do

American anime is better i think, because everyone can understand it and Japanese isn't bad at all, but its more for Japanese people.

There is no such thing as American Anime.

America only does Cartoons and shitty animated comedies.

Anime, without a doubt. You get cartoons that are actually complex and can be enjoyed by adults. But a lot of anime serves a niche market, just like a lot of american shows. Personally its taste, because Im not 12.

But then when I was 12, 13, 14, 15. I still loved my anime more than the rest. hmmmmm.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. That article was well written, and its amazing to see the changes now in 2011 than when that was written in 1998. I just found out My major cable company just created a anime section where i can pay a few dollars extra and order as many animes as I like for the month. I Cant wait to see more anime hit mainstream TV.

Taken From: Anime News Network.

I 2 agree, i mean, a girl asks me what i'm watchin n she stupses wen i say "Beserk", "Naruto" etc.... i don't get!! Is it so hard to understand the difference between anime and cartoons? it's not like i'm a kid or anything, anime jus appears to be more interestin, u can view romance, supense, action n so on for adults, wld u really want a kid to watch any of these things? CMON!! you wouldnt of seen a single cartoon with much gore or any sexual content in it?.....NO!! To top it off, It's for those who r matured enuf to watch n understand it.

Well I think we will be pretty far pressed to find anyone on this forum that actually favors american cartoons seening as this is an anime forum. heh

but with that said, american animation is a joke. usually they give us petty and stupid characters. Most of which is fitted to the mental level of an infant. Where as The japanese do not view cartoons or animation as limited to children. In most cases watching a good anime is just like watching a good movie. And likewise it covers a much larger array of genres unlike the american animations. Needless to say Japanese animation = :secret_smile:

American Animation = :dribble:

lol how can u compare the 2 country's anime? America's anime or i should say "cartoon" are basically for kids around 3-8, it also doesnt have much of a storyline in it and it lacks of characher design and graphics. where as japanese anime it is more mature and it has a better storyline and theme, not to mention the characters in Jap anime has a better appearance than America's cartoons.

Japanese Anime FTW

• 3 weeks later...
american cartoons suck. they're all capitalists wanting to make more money. that's why poke'mon is still popular out there, even though i think it suxxxxxxxxxx.

Your post makes no sense at all considering Pokemon is an Anime and not a Cartoon.

• 2 weeks later...

being foreign to Americans/westerners animation in their quarters are too idealistic of course its all positive and brings the right message to kids about being super heros fight for justice ........ i'll go for that any day but reality is where anime sets a mark.....

everything is not always blue skys and pretty rainbows but of course every life lived has a different story to tell and purpose. Speaking from roots of origin upwards

• 4 weeks later...

i have a question and it kinda revolves around this whole topic, when America gets a anime to dub it how much do they change? i think they just edit the mouth a little to match the voices better... or do they not mess with anything? any help on this? im talking to a friend who said he only watch's subs cuz he thinks it gets edited a lot for the dubs. i told him that i doubt that but he doesn't believe me am i wrong or is he?

i have a question and it kinda revolves around this whole topic, when America gets a anime to dub it how much do they change? i think they just edit the mouth a little to match the voices better... or do they not mess with anything? any help on this? im talking to a friend who said he only watch's subs cuz he thinks it gets edited a lot for the dubs. i told him that i doubt that but he doesn't believe me am i wrong or is he?

Most anime now days is completely untouched in the dub dvds. Nothing has been changed.

Hey Relak you are absolutely correct, if an anime/cartoon is good then i say watch it. Exactly who cares where it comes from. I am from the US, respectivly Japan has a lot more experience with animation in many ways. I think if My country could just layoff the snobbishness of what we consider being civilized in so many ways then we might be able to produce more and better anime's as a whole instead of just from one or two countries mainly japan. Honestly though I am so tired of my countries prude behavior it's ridiculous. I was in the navy for four years and some of the other countries made me feel like my country is behind the times due to our prude behavior. For Example, how we view our own bodies. Now im not saying lets all get naked here im just saying we need to grow up if we are so civilized.

Oh Yeah, Japanese anime is the best!