Family Guy vs American Dad

RazorDan

Which is the best?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

Peter Griffin really cracks me up. Stan Smith is a sick and twisted sociopath who carries a gun. I enjoy seeing Stewie and Brian have many bizarre adventures, such as the time they traveled to the North Pole to see if Santa Claus is real or not. Roger is the only character from AD I like so far. Lois usually keeps her cool until Peter does something really stupid as usual. Francine freaks out whenever Stan forgets their anniversary to the point of being institutionalized. Chris is voiced by Seth Green, the guy who co-created Robot Chicken along with Matthew Senreich. His ignorance is blissful. Steve is a real nerd and has no respect for the females everywhere. Meg is a big-mouthed, suicidal, pathetic, sadistic, and immoral teenage girl who dreads through life on day at a time. Haley is a peace-loving though super-violent, politically correct, vegetarian activist who is married to a drug addict. Klaus is the only talking goldfish that used to be a human until his brain got transferred into a pet fish's body.

My point is that Family Guy is far more hilarious than American Dad.

• 4 weeks later...

When i was in high school family guy was super popular 2004-07, like everyone had a family guy shirt.  The show had a dynamic mix of themes that pissed parents off but it was over all not highly funny.  It was not until i found little britian or jimmy carr that i found a show that was truly funny.

https://youtu.be/bvlMPNXPgeM

https://youtu.be/D6MVeMOl50M

Family Guy, of course. I find American Dad to be painfully dry, and I can sometimes go through a whole episode of that show without even cracking a smile... and that's pretty bad. On the other hand, I'm quite often in stitches watching Family Guy, as it manages to tickle my sense of humour quite well. I'm not talking about the recent state of things, though; I don't watch those shows anymore. I just mean overall, Family Guy performs much better as a comedy show in my view. 

• 2 months later...

American Dad, as soon the Conway Twitty stuff started happening in Family Guy, i started to get more and more annoyed with it. The characters just aren't likeable anymore, the animation has one angle, the jokes are lazy and over used, the writing is bad and characters voices have become really annoying, it's just become a really lazy show now. The last great series of Family Guy was series 4, just after they returned from being cancelled. 

American Dad is still very good, the characters are pretty much the same as they were when it started, the animation is better than Family Guy's even though it's the same style and the writing is better.

I have probably had more laugh out loud moments watching Family Guy, but American Dad is just one of those shows i can just put on the tv for hours and never get bored. Family Guy would really start to annoy me after more than an hour.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Family Guy is more consistently funny but I also find myself more pissed off at how sociopathic the main characters have become. American Dad, despite featuring characters who do downright despicable things at times, regularly focuses on stories where the family has to come together despite their differences and grow as people and sacrifice in order to support one another. That said, because of how long-lived Family Guy has been and how iconic its characters are, when they pull the writers out of their asses the show is often more... memorable, I think.