Life without Internet...

Jikochuu

Lol, you've misunderstood lol. I mean i used to do alot of reading and also used to get in trouble with the neighboors due to broken windows and such due to playing rugby, soccer and such. Also this was when i was 5-9 or so not a teenager ;p

Ah fair enough lols, and that is why you don't play football in front of people's houses. You see where I live there is a park about 100m away, and they still play in front of my house.

I didn't touch a computer till the age of 18 (very poor growing up and I did not know that my high school had computer labs) and when I finally did I found myself in heaven! It was 1998 and I haven't looked back.

As I sit here trying to recall what my life was like before computer/Internet I am finding it difficult to come up with anything specific. I did play my playstation often, but mostly I would take my long board and ride around the city for lack of anything better to do. I was boring it seems :dhh:

Life without internet: Fighting with two of my sisters, wresteling with my older brother, playing hockey and soccer, going to my brothers cricket matches. Playing on the trampoliene... swimming in next doors pools with her two sons. Playing "touch rugby" over three front lawns

Life with internet: Watching Anime, reading more manga then i can get over here, not having to go to the libary to do research, meeting people from all over the world (Koby, Eve, Oby I am talking about you guys).

I like the internet, I get hurt less this way. Though it was fun fighting with the guys till they got older and started looking at me like a was a girl... then they just wanted to pamper me =S

Life before the internet was basically my entire life up until I started college. I guess I was an average high school student of the day. Played sports, pissed off the local police, failed hard with the ladies, and enjoyed my lifeguard job at the local pool (until the crazy fat chick that liked to hit on the male staff showed up).

The internet, for me, is just a really good tool for learning about stuff you are interested in. It also makes it a lot easier to keep in touch with old friends that now live far away, and make new friends that you would of never known about without the internet.

I remember first getting internet in the 90s. I was still in elementary school at the time. My older siblings always wanted to be on the internet so I rarely got to use it. I remember AOL being the big thing that everyone had. It was so insanely slow lol... It took ages just to load one page. The internet didn't make an impact on my life until I was a freshman in high school when I finally got cable. It's leaps and bounds faster, and I remember the first time I loaded up a website. I couldn't get enough of the instant load times compared to how long it took on dialup. I started playing MMOs and FPSs online.

Before I had internet I did what most other children did around my age... building stuff with legos with my cousins, having friends come over to play video games and doing random nonsense outside. I was still into anime back then. I use to watch it on Toonami when cartoon network was still good.

The internet just makes it easier to gain access to anime and video games. The vast amount of information that is readily available is something I've grown use to having around. I think it would be hard not to have the internet now since it's so useful. I could definitely live without it though.