The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

Koby

I liked Avatar: the Last Airbender--all three seasons--and just seasons 1 (and maybe 3) of Legend of Korra. Both series had terrible endings--i.e. ending the LA with Aang and Katara's kissing, and completely ret-conning the alleged lesbian relationship between Korra and Asami. Seasons 2 and 4 of LOK were horrible, and makes me wish that the series ended with just season 1.

• 1 month later...

I think ATLA was a better production all around. It had its plot and themes pretty well set, even in the first episode (although it really hit its stride at the end of season 1). Season 2 was the best for me, and I still really enjoyed season 3 and the ending.

Korra had its issues (ending was fine to me), and at least some of those I suspect were issues relating to Nickelodeon (hell, releasing season 4 online doesn't exactly scream confidence imo). However, I would hardly say Korra is bad, just a bit inconsistent in the quality (mostly in the quality of how the story was constructed, aesthetics and soundtrack were well done). Season 2 was the worst of it for me.

Edited by MindForged
Spelling