The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

Koby

OB-JH954_korra1_G_20100721104600.jpg

The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra (originally Avatar: Legend of Korra) is an upcoming television mini-series set in the Avatar universe as a spin-off of Avatar: The Last Airbender. It is currently under development, and is expected to run for 26 episodes in mid-2012. The co-creators of the original series, Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, are confirmed to be involved. The pair will personally write all of the episodes to allow for a tighter storyline.

The new series will take place 70 years after the end of the Avatar: The Last Airbender story arc, with all-new characters and settings. The protagonist of the new series, Korra, the next Avatar after Aang, is a hot-headed and rebellious young woman from the Southern Water Tribe who is "ready to take on the world". The series plans to follow Korra as she faces an anti-bender revolt while mastering the art of Airbending from Aang and Katara's son, Tenzin.

Korra is a rebellious 16-year-old girl. As the Avatar, she has already mastered Waterbending, Earthbending and Firebending. Tenzin himself is married; Pema is his wife. Jinora, a "bookworm", and Ikki, a "motor-mouth", are his daughters while Meelo, his youngest child, is his son.

The primary and only confirmed setting is United Republic. Anti-benders called "Equalists", who oppose the art of bending, utilize techniques such as chi-blocking to further their goals of revolution, led by Oman. Korra must fight rampant crime and the anti-bender revolt, assisted by two brothers, Mako, a Firebender, and Bolin, an Earthbender. She is also joined by her animal guide, Naga, and the Metalbending police force of United Republic, who are led by Toph's daughter.

The Last Airbender: Legend Of Korra (Official Comic-Con Trailer HD)

3EV5ed85ytk

• Like 3

The trailer looks awesome... didn't know one had come out yet for this. Now I'm even more excited. From what I read about it and what the two writers have said about their ideas for what they wanted to do with this series, I really don't want to wait a year, but I know this will be just as good as the first series so it'll be worth it. Thanks a bunch for the post Koby.

It was originally planned to be 12 episodes and air this November. I guess when they decided to make more story they also decided to delay the premier to give them more time. Also it was originally stated to be 75 years into the future but that has now changed to 70. Just a small change but I figured it was worth mentioning.

I'm excited for this as well, but that means I'll need to watch the original first as I haven't ever actually watched it in it's entirety, only episodes here and there years ago.

It was originally planned to be 12 episodes and air this November. I guess when they decided to make more story they also decided to delay the premier to give them more time. Also it was originally stated to be 75 years into the future but that has now changed to 70. Just a small change but I figured it was worth mentioning.

I'm excited for this as well, but that means I'll need to watch the original first as I haven't ever actually watched it in it's entirety, only episodes here and there years ago.

Well when the show was coming out new on Nick it came out at random for new episodes and I missed a bunch and finally just decided to buy the dvd's real cheap a few Black Fridays ago and watched them. It was much better watching them that way then a few episodes at random on TV at a time.

Actually from what I heard it was planned for a 20 episode series then the backers of Nick decided it didn't fit their time slotting (or some other stupid reason they gave) for the fall because it was scheduled for Oct. 2011 then, they told the writers to reduce it down to 12 episodes for a Nov. release. (this happened back in Feb-March of this year) The writers threatened to sue and shortly after negotiations started up to try and fix it before hell broke lose (the writer actually got an offer from ABC to move the new series over there) but all in all somehow we ended up with a 26 episode series for summer 2012 on Nick. Not that I'm complaining, just kind of a WTF moment of how we ended up here.

I put this here cause it seems appropriate. So here it is, Avatar: Legend of Korra. The sequel to the immensly popular cartoon/anime Avatar: The Last Airbender.

The series will focus on Korra, a teenage female protagonist from the Southern Water Tribe and the current incarnation of the Avatar, who, according to the president of Nickelodeon, will be "hotheaded, independent, and ready to take on the world." She has already mastered the elements of Water, Earth, and Fire, but needs to master Air. The character was partly inspired by Avatar Kyoshi of the original series, whom the creators say was very popular among fans. In order to avoid repetition of Aang's adventures, the creators wanted to root the show in one place, called United Republic, a steam-punk style metropolis where people of all nations, benders and non-benders, live together. A concept drawing of the city, released with the announcement of the series, shows the city's design as inspired by Shanghai in the 1920s and 1930s, Hong Kong, Manhattan, and Vancouver. In the show, Korra will have to learn Airbending from master Tenzin, son of Avatar Aang and Katara, and contend with an anti-bender revolution taking place in United Republic. The final design of Korra was revealed at the 2011 San Diego Comic Con, along with her Animal Guide, who will be a Polar Bear Dog called Naga.

Here is the teaser trailer...enjoy! ^.^

m_VkHYtS6MY

Yet another reason to wish that I got Nicktoons, the trailer for this looks awesome, I never liked the first season too much, imo it shyed away from death a little too much, though I did watch it in it's entirety, judging from the trailer, this season seems more interesting and action based(+ a hot new female lead) so I'll definitely watch it.

I find it suprising that Viacom would block a commercial for one of their shows based on copyright claims. I mean it's free advertisement that they'd otherwise had to pay to be shown on TV stations. Why would you block something that is only promoting something in which would benefit you. Is Viacom really that stupid? Or is it really just YouTubes lame auto-copyrght crap kicking in and blaming the one who holds the copyright.

I find it suprising that Viacom would block a commercial for one of their shows based on copyright claims. I mean it's free advertisement that they'd otherwise had to pay to be shown on TV stations. Why would you block something that is only promoting something in which would benefit you. Is Viacom really that stupid? Or is it really just YouTubes lame auto-copyrght crap kicking in and blaming the one who holds the copyright.

That is most likely the case (the last sentence).

Should be good. Although I'd be amazed if it was better than the original. Korra looks like a character who I'll either warm to quickly or end up not liking at all, hopefully they'll give her some of Angs flaws and hang ups and not just make her 'the cool chick who kicks everyones ass'. They're going to be hard pressed to create a character as interesting as Zuko again!