Best antivirus software for PC?

DEATHxxx50bmg

I refuse to use anything made by McAfee after that pandemic about 9 years ago where they had a lot of their workers develop and release a lot of new viruses onto the net trying to get people infected so more people would invest in protections to make them money.

I currently use free methods like Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes.

Lmao, that's interesting. I didn't have a computer back then so I didn't have to worry much. I think I was lucky to have my PS2 back then. I'm also currently using Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes for my laptop here.

I refuse to use anything made by McAfee after that pandemic about 9 years ago where they had a lot of their workers develop and release a lot of new viruses onto the net trying to get people infected so more people would invest in protections to make them money.

Wow i didn't know that. But i have always wandered if anti virus company's did such things. Anyway i use a combo of AVG and Malwarebytes

I've been using Norton Antivirus for a while and my computer hasn't been safer. It blocks any kind of virus/cookie and if you dl something which isn't secure it will automatically be deleted. AVG is a weak antivirus + it has some errors in its sistem that sees viruses which aren't there (100% true, tested by me).

Take Norton. It's safer.

I tested Eset, Bit Defender, Norton 360 and Kaspersky and I have to go with Kaspersky, the lightest of all the anti-viruses ( though it can become annoying at times) I found myself the happiest with Kaspersky. Second place is by Norton 360, Imo it slows the computer down a bit but is still a great anti-virus to have.

I've been using Norton Antivirus for a while and my computer hasn't been safer. It blocks any kind of virus/cookie and if you dl something which isn't secure it will automatically be deleted. AVG is a weak antivirus + it has some errors in its sistem that sees viruses which aren't there (100% true, tested by me).

Take Norton. It's safer.

Norton is a bloated resource hog that seems to get worse and worse with each update. Norton is also slow about updating their definitions with the newest viruses. Often most of their updates contain updates that most other reliable protection softwares added a month before. Because of this if often leaves you vulnerable to the newest of viruses.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently using avast antivirus, but im thinking of uninstalling because its so annoying. I don't see any differences since i installed it, except:

- UPDATE NOW

- BUY NOW

- a new update is available

- you are using a too old virus database please update

- you are using a free version (which is totally legal), please buy another version

- VIRUS DETECTED, AUTORUN IS A VIRUS (no its not, the disc needs autorun to start automatically)

and now my computer says my antivirus (avast) is outdated, well duh! this computer has not been connected to the internet for a month. So now im thinking about going oldschool, meaning: No antivirus.