Code Geass vs Death Note

Tommy071095

Code Geass vs Death Note  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Code Geass vs Death Note

So.... i know its out of topic but its code geass something like death note? Ive never try to watch code geass because of a stupid personal reason, but i might change my mind after reading this.

Not really. People like to compare the two because it aired right after Death Note completed on Adult Swim and because of their false sense that Lelouche was a genius in the same league as Light and L. While smart he is nothing compared to either of them, and he never has any such rival that actually rivals him in Code Geass either. Code Geass failed at story telling and had to use tons of dues ex machina to progress the story and make it make some sense.

I so luv Lelouch,but...If we speak of CG and DN as series,it's kind of hard to pick the winner...I luv CG 'cuz there r some cuties,like CC and Kallen ^^ I just luv those two,althought I always prefered CC for Lelouch...As for DN,it really had the storyline that made u think "OMG this is to remember"!And it had great artwork,just the way u imagine perfect anime art...But I find it rather interesting that in CG there were all TWIGIZ,even guyz...xD I strongly recommend both of series! :) Unfortunately,I must say CODE GEASS!My luv for Lelouch & for LelouchXCC conquers ALL!!!Sry,guyz... :P

Okay, so i have finished Death Note, which automatically jumped into my top 3 anime that i have watched. also started Code Geass. im not very impressed with it yet. even if it does turn out as good as some of you say it is, i dont see that it will top Death Note for me. it will have to leave a massive impression on me to do that.

And thanks to everyone who suggested Death Note or had it under their top 5 series. cant believe i took this long to watch it!!

Okay, so i have finished Death Note, which automatically jumped into my top 3 anime that i have watched. also started Code Geass. im not very impressed with it yet. even if it does turn out as good as some of you say it is, i dont see that it will top Death Note for me. it will have to leave a massive impression on me to do that.

And thanks to everyone who suggested Death Note or had it under their top 5 series. cant believe i took this long to watch it!!

90% of the problems of Code Geass exist mostly in the 2nd season. Poor pacing, constant dues ex machina on top of another, near to no intelligent from any character at all, etc. The only thing moving along season 2 was character plot armor protecting their goals until the end. If you don't get hooked by season 1, then season 2 will not make you like it anymore. I know a lot of people who really enjoyed season 1 but dropped season 2 because it's lack of a proper story or pace.

90% of the problems of Code Geass exist mostly in the 2nd season. Poor pacing, constant dues ex machina on top of another, near to no intelligent from any character at all, etc. The only thing moving along season 2 was character plot armor protecting their goals until the end. If you don't get hooked by season 1, then season 2 will not make you like it anymore. I know a lot of people who really enjoyed season 1 but dropped season 2 because it's lack of a proper story or pace.

to be honest, it hasnt gripped me like Death Note did. then again, iv only watched 3 eps. but Death Note had me by the nuts after 2 eps.... I will definitly finish Season 1 of Code Geass. otherwise i wont really be able to judge the two against each other. Season 2..... ill cross that bridge when i get there, but thanks for the heads up!

I watched both in English dub and here's what i thourght.

Death Note started strongly but after the death of a certain character (you know who) the show became weak however the ending was stronger than the previous 10 episodes.

Code Geass was by far stronger all around, i am not usually the one for mech stuff but i found Lelouchs plight compelling :) and of course the Zero Requiem was a great final resort, to me Code Geass speaks to me better.

The shows have similarities your following 2 very egotistical personality's and also both could be considered anti-heroes.

Another thing that sways it for me into an easier descision was some of the epic Hitomi Ballads in Code Geass also the voice over work was better in CG gogo Johnny Yong Bosch.

• 2 weeks later...

They both have a similar underlying theme. Code Geass just takes a more militaristic approach. "Death Note" was incredible up until L's death. After that, the story's pace/plot just seemed to decrease. The whole L vs. Light dynamic seemed to be at the heart of "Death Note". But I guess I'd go with "Code Geass". Simply because I enjoyed the ending more and in that I prefer Lelouch to Light.

• 3 months later...

Agree with Kobe. Death Note is superior - the mind games that you see cannot be found anywhere else at this impressive extent. L and Light (with order of intelligence imho) are just amazing.

Think about it, if you wanted to tell someone to see one of them, you'd probably recommend Death Note to people who seek more intelligent script and CG to people who seek more action/love