Do you prefer the shorter anime or the longer anime?

Xanodus

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, it depends. I hate anime with a bunch of filler episodes (same with manga chapters). If it's a good anime, with a great plot and there's not a bunch of nonsense episodes thrown in, then I would definitely rather watch a longer anime over a shorter one only because the story will most likely be more indepth.

Yeah everyone, I agree with both sides of view; longer anime can be dragged on and the shorter animes are good animes. I reckon it just depends on the anime, for example, Bleach and Naruto: Long animes. Death Note and Vampire Knight: Short animes. But perhaps in the end it isnt abot how long or how short the anime is. It is whether or not the viewer enjoys the anime.

I kind of dig the 12-24 range. I do like longer anime, but I kind of like moving rapidly through multiple series. So, unless it's a really well done series, I'd rather it keep it simple, develop the one story that cannot be told by any other show, and move on. One of my major beefs with American TV (and one of the main reasons I enjoy anime) is that they stretch on ad nauseum until the show dies from a lack of new material. It seems much better to just tell your story, make your impact, and then try something new.

I really dont mind watching a long anime as long as it holds my interest, only problem is, when an anime is as long as bleach or naruto there are always going to be fillers and those never hold my interest so i guess im going to have to go with shorter length animes, 25-60 episodes is good. Funny tho, there are a few short anime series like 30 ep long that do have fillers! :beat_brick:

I usually watch animes that are around 20-30 episodes long. There are a few exclusions like Initial D because those are better just the way they are. Longer animes tend to have fillers that just make the series go off track. I'm not going to complain or anything because sometimes thats what we need, but sometimes I just want the raw story.

The short and sweet animes are typically very pretty and are normally pretty good, and the story doesn't usually decline. I consider a 26 episode series to be medium, and that is okay too, but quick fix animes like FLCL are definitely my cup of tea.

I feel 26 episode series is the perfect spot for me. If the show is successful maybe one more 26 episode season but no more than that. I'll go up to a 52 with the exception of "Monster" (74) which I am watching right now. Not at all a fan of the ever spanning 150+ Anime.