Do you prefer the shorter anime or the longer anime?

Xanodus

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it depends. If it's a comedy show with very little plot, those tend to get annoying if they drag on. Everything else I tend to prefer to be longer. I've been burned by far too many shows rushing through the last two to three episodes and ruining what would of been an awesome series otherwise.

The long series are still good entertainment as always, but I think series that have very limited episodes are a lot better because all the art and storyline focus is maintained into each episode, unlike in a longer series where there are a lot of episode recaps, repeat animations, and single scenes that span a few minutes in real life but last four or so episodes in them

Well the shorter series seem to have better animation quality and are great stories but sometimes seems like they cut it too short and miss some interesting background info. While the long series seem to a lower animation quality (at least in the first couple seasons), they eventually get into a really deep story, rich with background info on the characters, the history, the mythology! So I don't know, I guess I'm on the fence for this one.

Hard to say: short ones at least won't have filler episodes (I'm looking at you Naruto, Inuyasha, Bleach, etc.). But long ones may ruin the series by dragging out the story. We all had series ruined because the ending sucked. It's hard to know when to say goodbye... although I do appreciate longer ones having more opportunity to get the kind of closure any good series needs

I prefer 26 to 50 episodes for an anime series. I hate it when they drag on because then it feels like they keep repeating things or just go ridiculous with the powers and you're just going "What the hell.. those are the powers the villain has now, god, how dues ex machina" or power levels as character just get to strong to be workable.

It depends on anime itself,really...But,u know...When I think about those short animes that I was really into,I keep saying to myself "I want more!I wanna watch my fav characters all over again!In new adventures!" But,some of them are PERFECT just the way they are,even if they are short.It IS kind of impressive.I mean,the ability to say so much in few episodes!Animes like those are really worth wasting your time on! xDD x3

For the most part, I prefer shorter anime. Usually around 12-14 episodes is good for me. However, in some cases I'd want it to be longer. For example, I want Fairy Tail to be long because the manga is on-going and I want the anime to follow it.