Anime with the worst ending.

Nero D. Ace

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love Hina (note this was before I read the manga.) I was seriously confused and mad for ending it with a typical run away scene from naru. Even though later there was Love Hina Again, it was short (Really? Just 3 episodes????) again felt very weak. Just... ugh. More of a reason to read the manga. Afterwards I finished the manga and it ended on a nice note... though I prefer Keitaro with Motoko..:dhh:

• 3 weeks later...

Chrono Crusade: Had a sad ending didn't expect Chrono to die has well

Soul Eater: A punch of Courage REALLY

Death Note: Light got out smarted i personally didn't like it

Tenjou Tenge: Wanted to see what happened next

Phantom of Requiem: the shot him from behind, just after it was a happy ending

Air gear: wanted to see him reach the top

Berserk: Just terrible ending i just don't know what i would do if it were me

Elfen Lied: what next????

School Days: oh, that was unexpected but loved it, definitely got me.

For me it was Neon Genesis Evangelion hands down. No other series can take Evangelion's place when it comes to pathetic-ending-of-a-decent-series, in my opinion. Though, End of Evangelion sorted some things out but still, I would've preferred it a lot more if they merged that ending with the series. It was that bad.

There are Anime's with good endings? I've got over 2 TBs of the stuff and have a hard time finding one that I can say "wow, what a great ending".

Anyway, Escaflowne !!!! It's was like W.T. -- !@#$%

The better the Anime series the more climatic chance for a bad ending. After +30 years of Anime watching I expect a messed ending but it's the price we pay for the dynamic, colorful, exciting, spell-binding and euphoric world that is Anime.

The better the Anime series the more climatic chance for a bad ending. After +30 years of Anime watching I expect a messed ending but it's the price we pay for the dynamic, colorful, exciting, spell-binding and euphoric world that is Anime.

Could not have said it better myself. Unfortunately due to way studios run anime, it's almost like a testing chamber. Test one 13 episode run of anime. Even if the first season is a success there is only a minor chance of a second season, and even then it's another 13 episode run that isn't fully able to guarantee the series' end. Even the rare series that do end like angel beats! or Madoka have very rushed feels in their endings.

Anime is fun and exciting, but rarely do they end. If you like a proper ending to your stories read manga.