Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos

idl12

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw it and it's actually kind of nice.

Sure they end up following the same old same old "Philosopher's Stone" -> Made from live humans -> Must not use it -> Desperate female who wants to use it anyways to save homeland -> Ed and Al cleaning up the bitch's mess -> sudden ending.

But it actually felt nice to be back in the world of FMA and see what else was going on in that country apart from the internal damage. It may seem a bit like filler and for all I know, it is but I really don't care.

It's FMA and I was able to see more of it.

I don't know I might be the only one who feels this way, but this makes me kind of sad. I mean I wanted something that would farther expand the story and development of Fullmetal Alchemist the series. Like maybe an adventure a few years into the future after the ending of the manga or something or even a prequel to the series. But from the looks of it, this movie is just an attempt to keep fan interest in the series by making some kind of random adventure that doesn't really fit into the manga storyline.

I agree....i wanted it to progress afterwards and like oh say....idk....get edwards powers back(somehow he gets them back) that would be cool?

• 2 weeks later...

Even though it doesn't really follow Ed and Al, (it's more side story featuring the Elrics), I thought this was really well made. I love the new animation style, I was a little scared with the addition of new alchemy, but it ended up being cool too. The flow of the fight scenes blew me away most of all. I didn't like how it dried up in the middle (it was so fast paced to start) but.. it provided a really cool story and the end picked back up again. I'd reccommend taking a look at it!

• 2 weeks later...