Yuyu Hakusho

Koby

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly a great series, i lvoed watching this back to back with Rurouni Kenshin when they played them on Toonami i think, Sadly they stopped airing it past the dark tournament. And i agre it does resemble dragonballz in certain ways though not as simple minded and there is a whole lot of emotions for the characters.

I look at DBZ in the fashion of everyone was sad when everyone was sad and eevryone was mad when everyone else was mad...they only exception was probably Vegeta...hes the one true character but at times i found it very hard to differ from emotions in taht show, I loved it, its character design wasnt that great though.

Though YYH made it apparent what the characters were and i never saw resemblance in most characters. I loved it, though i hated the ending, it was complete and utter bullshit and rushed crap...was not pleased at all with it 8/10

• 1 month later...

This is my favorite series of all time. It kept my interest level high the entire watch through to the end. It IS better than dragon ball z because it isn't repetitive(another super-powered bad guy that only wants to destroy the main character.) Yu Yu Hakusho is expertly deceitful in the fact that you think the ending to arc is gonna end with a dark mood right until the final episode or two of that season (for me at least.) My favorite character is a tie between Yusuke and Hiei. Yusuke doesn't take crap from anyone and is very vocal about it, whereas Hiei just kills anyone who stands in his way, without taking the time for small talk.

• 2 weeks later...
I used to watch it on cartoon network, i thought it was a great anime but then it dissapeared and i was angry when i found out they continued the show at 5 am which is a time no one would watch it becuase it's so early! ( i hate cartoon network they are evil!)

indeed they are evil D:<

btw nice siggy love that series :D

anyways my fave chars deffinately kurama

was a great anime and solidly finished unlike a lot these days D:

I bought the whole series and watched them all in like a weeks time frame. I can't stand watching episodes on TV and they only show the same ones over and over and over. That is the same reason why I quit watching DBZ. I got tired of watching 20 episodes for one fight and 15 of those episodes are just them talking and powering up. But Yu Yu Hakasho I like, it has a great story line behind it. Funimation Channel only plays up to the end of the Dark Tournament and starts over.

Who has seen Yuyu Hakusho and likes it? There is 112 episodes and 2 movies. I've only seen up towards coming close to the end of the tournament towards the beginning of the series. It reminds me a lot of the Dragonball Z series, but it seems less repetitive and better in my opinion.

I don't know who is my favorite character between Hiei and Kurama though.. Probably Hiei. xD

So what are your thoughts on this anime, and who is your favorite character?

during the 90's i could say that i will watch both of them "DBZ and Yuyu Hakusyo", both of them are good titles, had decent fights and interesting characters.

i've watched Yuyu Hakusyo around 4x, but in our local networks during those times.. it's aired from mondays to fridays and during late afternoons as for DBZ, it's only aired once a week and only at sundays.

maybe, if i watch Yuyu Hakusyo in Japanese - English Subs, the opinion will change but i would still watch it once, but not as repetitive like the others animes that i've watched already

Like lordofelemental I watched these two shows together. At the time I really liked them both. I just didn't like how it was ended so abruptly. He passes out wakes up the end.

Something that really struck me though, since I watched both dbz and yu yu at the same time some thing I noticed is that the same voice actor who does Freeza does Genkai. How odd it was. First it was "mwaa ha ha ha I will destroy you", then on the next show it was "you dang fool".

Like lordofelemental I watched these two shows together. At the time I really liked them both. I just didn't like how it was ended so abruptly. He passes out wakes up the end.

Something that really struck me though, since I watched both dbz and yu yu at the same time some thing I noticed is that the same voice actor who does Freeza does Genkai. How odd it was. First it was "mwaa ha ha ha I will destroy you", then on the next show it was "you dang fool".

O_O I've never even noticed that. Freeza and Genkai do have the same voice actor now that you mention it! Thanks for this info! :D

• 2 months later...