Summer 2011 Anime Season

Koby

Chart:

http://chartfag.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/nelson2.jpg

I'll talk about some that showed promise in my opinion.

AppleSeed XIII - I might have been interested in this had I seen the parts that came before this. I may eventually do so but I have no plans to pick up any of this at this time. Too much on my plate as it is.

Blade - I hear it'll be airing on G4TV later which means I assume it's getting dubbed and rather quickly at that so chances are I'll at least give the dub a chance. Not going to bother with subtitles for this one. I'm actually not sure if this will even turn out to be worth watching completely.

No.6 - It's got my attention but until I see some more information or a trailer or something I really can't say whether or not I'll pick this up yet.

Blood-C - Blood + meets Clamp. This could be interesting. Definitely watching.

Dantalian no Shoka - Another series that has grabbed my attention. I'll probably at least watch one episode but it still hasn't given me the impression that says I'll be able to complete it or not. Will have to wait for more information.

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi - Based on light novels by the mangaka of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes. Yeah this will probably turn out rather cheesy comical and be borderline worth watching with a terrible ending or none at all but I'm willing to at least give it a chance.

Sacred Seven - All I know of this is it's by Sunrise. It looks kind of interesting and I'd like to know more about it. I'll definitely check out at least the first couple episodes.

That makes 5 possible pick ups and 1 guaranteed watch for me.

Chances are most of those I'll either drop or end up not even checking into.

As for OVA's, Movies, and Specials:

Of course I'll be getting the final Black Lagoon OVA episode, the Ao no Exorcist BD special, 2nd Fairy Tail OVA, 8th Helling Ultimate episode, the new Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira (When they Cry OVA 2) OVA series, Fullmetal Alchemist movie, and the new Naruto Shippuuden movie (although this one would be like 8 months till released on dvd).

I'll definitely check out appleseed and Blade, Yuru Yuri is a must since it has the word Yuri in it, Kamisama Dolls looks interesting as well, after seeing the trailer for Manyuu Hikenchou, how can I not watch it? to be honest I'm seeing a lot of stuff that I'd be interested in this summer..Oohhhh Sora No Otoshimono movie FTW!!!!!

I'm really looking forward to Blood-C (big Blood+ fan... Saya with glasses 0_o) and most likely going to watch Sacred Seven (the description sounds really good) and AppleSeed XIII (just because its the AppleSeed series). For movies and OVA's I'll be watch the Naruto and FMA movies whenever they become subbed. Ao no Exorcist BD special, and 2nd Fairy Tail OVA definitely going to watch, and that's about it for me.

Not much catching my eye this season. I'd usually pick up more, but I'll only be watching Blood-C and Dantalian no Shoka this time around. I might watch more if I can handle my workload.. Usagi Drop and No. 6 sound interesting. One thing I know for sure is that I'm definitely not picking up 16 series again.

blood c has my attention:)

also reminded me that I need to re-download all the Bolld+seasons again:( due to my conversion hash-up.

does any know a good torrent with all season? dual audio or eng dub? PM me if you do.

also I can't wait for the FMAB movie and black lagoon ova:)

I'm looking forward to many of the new animes that i have never heard of before.; i'll take a look at blood-c since its a clamp work. Dantalian also looks good.

In addition, i cant wait for nurarihyon season 2, natsume's book for friends 3, fma movie, negima finale, and alice in the country of hearts movie.

I plan on only watching Blade (subbed), Blood-C (dubbed), and Shakugan no Shana III (dubbed).

I'm shocked you'd watch Blade subbed when it's already been announced along with the other 3 Marvel-based Anime to be airing on G4TV later this year (meaning it'll be dubbed soon).

I'm shocked you'd watch Blade subbed when it's already been announced along with the other 3 Marvel-based Anime to be airing on G4TV later this year (meaning it'll be dubbed soon).

Oh wait, they have?

Hmm, well I might watch X-Men & Blade dubbed instead then, sure would save me alot of HDD space right now.

(too late for me to do the same with iron man & wolverine, already saw 'em subbed)

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing some of the new preview trailers, newly released info, and such I've finally concluded what I will actually be watching this season which is a bit shortened than my original assessment.

Guaranteed Watching:

Sacred Seven - Seems I'll be watching this one after all.

Kami-sama Dolls - Original assessment I didn't really think this would be interesting. The trailer for this grabbed me though and now it's probably one of the highest shows on my plan to watch list for this Summer.

BLOOD-C - Blood x Clamp. This could be interesting. I just hope it focuses more on the actual action rather than the every day normal life of Saya. The first 30 episodes of Blood + I didn't like but it was what came after that I enjoyed enough to consider this show.

Possibly Watching:

Yuruyuri - The director and screen writer of Minami-ke s1 is doing this and it seems like it might just be in the same vein of comedy so I might actually bother with a comedy this season after all, but it's not guaranteed. The trailer didn't really draw me in and the premis is a little iffy, but I think I might enjoy the type of comedy it'll give.

Interesting, but No

NO.6 - Premise sounded good, but the trailers didn't make this seem like I'd be that interested.

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi - Looked nice but after watching the trailer like with Dance of the Vampire Bund I almost felt like a pedophile with all the panty shots of girls who look no older than seven. Therefore regardless of how good this is I just can't bring myself to watch it.

So that's only 3 (possibly 4) shows I'm picking up from this season. Doesn't mean I'll get around to watching them all during this season but I'll at least download them so I can watch at some point.

• 3 weeks later...