Dragon Ball Evolution 2 [Live-Action] [2012] Possibly?

ventus1991

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first one was an okay movie if you didn't think of it as being related in any way to the anime. As soon as you brought anything from the anime up though, it fell apart. So, if the second is a sequel to that, then I would expect the same.

Now... if they did what I would do to it, and make a pure CGI movie of a condensed version of a story arc in the anime... that could be awesome. Take the Saiyan saga for instance... Take the DBZ Kai version so it has no filler, cut out some of the dialogue and make a movie about it. Or a couple of movies since the intial Raditz arc could easily take half the movie unless you put it in as an introduction scene, and picked up shortly before the Saiyan's showed up.

Sure why not create another movie that will just insult and abruptly disgrace every thing we know about DBZ, why the fuck would the creator even allow another shitty movie that would destroy the name of the greatest anime series of our time. Hopefully it gets canceled before they release another one.

It'll suck just like the first one. They've already ruined what could have been a very good thing, and unless they just ignore EVERYTHING that happened in the first movie, people are sure to hate it like they did the first one.

It took me 3 tries to get through that garbage they called a movie. It was just so stupid.

I couldn't have said it better myself, it seems that not just anyone can turn an anime series into a movie and like you said only hope there is is if they start a fresh and try to stick to the story of the series.

3 tries, it took me just a month to even get past the half way mark. Only people who I would understand if they said it was an ok movie would be those who've never watched the series and little kids (by little I mean past the age of 10 minimum).

I'll give it a chance. I bought the 'first' one on Blu-ray since they were practically giving it away, but I'll agree that it was a let-down. They should just have a Tournament or something, otherwise bring on Vegeta. Or they can just accept the fact that we'd know who all the characters are and factor in Super Saiyans and a new threat, and go from there.

• 3 months later...

Although I had already replied that topic last year, I thought it was about an animated movie like Fusion Reborn or Wrath of the Dragon, not that piece of crap of dragonball evolution movie or any thing like that, which it is even not worth to waste time to watch a trailer from beginning to end.

Anyway, I don't think that a live-action movie could match an anime whatsoever. So, to make a long story short, Anime, this is it!