Who is the most interesting character in anime and why?

Tommy071095

• 4 months later...

I would say L from Death Note. Everyone will ignore him at first glance but after knowing him a bit more,he will surely become one of your favorite characters.

Also, I find Lelouch from Code Geass to be very interesting. His actions are very hard to predict and the results always surprise everyone. That's why I find him interesting.

I guess mine is Vash from Trigun (a bit older anime, but really funny), because he's always that crazy guy nobody knows about, totally misunderstood, but actually a genius with the gun and always the will to do the right...

Second choice would also be Lelouch. It's always a pleasure to see how he sneaks around the others until he finally reaches his goal.

I agree with tommy shinji is an extremely interesting character...

However my focus was mostly on Asuka from NGE:

From the start Asuka wears a mask of confidence throwing her achievements around acting tough, mostly I hear replies of what a show off she is... but I dont think thats the case...

After giving part of her soul, her mother committed suicide and she grew up with an over demanding father... its no wonder she behaves like this... but as we all know she has a good side too...

Her self confidence begins to decrease when others achieve more then she did...

The most intersting part is when the Angel Arael brings Asuka to a meltdown... the mask breaks and we see who the real Asuka is...

But all she really needed in her life was a soft push of encouragement... somthing that her mother gave her when she realized what her AT field really is...

Now that is what I call a character with layers...

• 6 months later...

Who do you think is the most interesting in all anime,and why that character.

To start off,I think that Shinji Ikari from NGE is perhaps the most interesting character in anime,because he is just such a layered character from a psychological standpoint and I think he is unlike any other protagonist in anime.He is not an all powerful bad ass that punishes evil-doers,nor is he really an anti-hero like Light Yagami or Lelouch Lamperouge/Vi Britannia.What Shinji is,is perhaps the realiest character in anime,a flawed,damaged and insecure 14 year old boy unlike anything that I have personally seen in anime.

Yeah, he was pretty interesting. He's a bit wimpy and not enough of a smartass for me to identify with, though. In my opinion, too many "flawed, damaged, and insecure" characters are WAAAAYYYYY too......weak. When I feel insecure and my emotional damage starts nagging away in my mind, I just get pissed off. The way Shinji Sulks creates distance between him and viewers like myself.