What's your favorite TV Show (non Anime)

nekroniclol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For comedy, an old British classic, Yes Minister/Yes, Prime Minister.  I can STILL watch it over and over again and crack up, which is why I put it over Blackadder, which I also have a lot of fondness for.

For SF, kiind of hard to beat Dr. Who at the moment.

For supernatural, Lucifer.

For Drama,  no real winners there these days for me, real life has been providing more than enough of that sadly.

Honourable mention for shows like Forged in Fire, Canada's Worst Driver, and Gold Rush in the reality TV categories.

These are shows I currently place this way, Yes Minister/Prime Minister is a rare exception of something that ages well for me.  I've enjoyed it for well over three decades now, and my wife loves it too, which makes it extra special that way.  I do not watch a lot of entertainment TV, never really have, always was more of a bookish person for that kind of entertainment.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Apple said:

Extremely surprised this show only got three seasons, was so well done. 

I'm not tbh.The show is great but it was cancelled because it was expensive and didn't draw a lot of viewers. Basically the same reason every cancelled show gets cancelled. It was a very niche show, and everybody knew this was coming since Season 1. It's been a constant struggle to keep the viewer numbers even mediocre, and Bryan Fuller said he deliberately designed every season finale to also be a series finale because he expected it to get cancelled every single season.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...