What is you're fav final fastasy game or movie?

supermegamanzx

Am I the first vote for VI? D: I'm surprised that so many people are referring to 7-10 as the golden age of these games, I'd expand that to be 1-10. They're all really great, but after 10 they get a little...well, we all know that already.

Anyway, Final Fantasy VI is my overall favorite Final Fantasy game. The characters and plot are spectacular, and Kefka is 100% my favorite villain of all the games. My second favorite game would be Final Fantasy IX, followed by VII. I could never get through VIII. I've only been able to get through the first 2 hours or so because I find it unbearable ~_~ I've heard it's a really good game so I plan to finish it someday, I'm just finding it very difficult to get through the begining XP

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite is Final Fantasy X. A lot of this has to do with the nostalgia involved, as it was my first Final Fantasy. Besides that, I just love the story, the world, the characters, the battle system, the sphere grid, the music...I could just go on and on.

VIII would be a close second. It has some of my favorite FF characters of all time, nice setting, cool storyline, great humor, and it looked pretty good for its time.

Third would probably be IV. One of the most interesting storylines, in my opinion. I just wish it wasn't so difficult. A challenge is good, but not when I'm so frustrated that I give up.

• 4 weeks later...
Is there any other movie than FF VII : Advent Children ?

And Kadaj (not sure I spelled his name right) is amazing Dx

There is Final Fantasy: Spirits Within and also an anime called Final Fantasy Unlimited. As well as a 4 episode OVA sequel to FF5 called Legend of the Crystals.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also a fan of VII! VII was the best RPG I can remember ever playing! XIII was terrible, the graphics were great, but most games made for Xbox/PS3 have good graphics. The story was okay, but the linear progression really took away one of the things that made the FF series great. Not looking forward to the future of the series if it continues to follow this trend.

• 1 month later...

i didnt think 13 was nearly as bad as everyone keeps saying it is, it has a decent plot and the gameplay works better than 10 and 10-2, the characters are likeable (cept faith, hate that kid),the journal could have worked better and been incorporated into the game so you dont have to spend an hour reading it. However is does have alot of cutscenes in it which i didnt particularily mind as they were really nice scenes, but there were alot, and the game was far more linear then the last one (FFXII).

still that would probably be my favorite just beating 7, which ive played to death over the years, and 10 or 3 would be a close 3rd.

favorite character would be lightning or Auron

i didnt think 13 was nearly as bad as everyone keeps saying it is, it has a decent plot and the gameplay works better than 10 and 10-2,

No offense... but I cannot agree with this at all. 10 and 10-2 had the best battle system of any game in the franchise. While FF13 lacked gameplay at all. FF13 was the only FF I had to force myself to try and continue and still ended up dropping it.

FFXII is mine. The graphics for cutscenes where amazing. It's battle system is the best in my opinion, and it has a good customization system, though it is more confusing than the sphere grid at times.

• 2 weeks later...