Japanese or English Dubbing?  

931 members have voted

1. 1. Japanese or English Dubbing?

• Japanese Dubbing with/without Subtitles
    • English Dubbing
    • Doesn't Matter to Me
    • Depends on the Anime

It depends on the anime...

Some anime series really sucks when it is english dubbed because of its missing sense of emotions to the characters. But the good thing is that it is very convenient and easy to understand. I like the English dub of kuroshitsuji and Yu Yu Hakusho you can relate the voices to the actions portraying into.

Some subbed animes have lots of grammar errors and missing lines that is really annoying. but still, the voice acting of Japanese dub are still awesome

Rurouni Kenshin english dub was awesome. Kenshin's voice was perfect.

I didn't like the japanese dub.

That's just me though. Oh well...to each their own.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

For the most part I dont like Japanese dub mainly because I don't understand it.

If I understood it then maybe I'll love it.

I perfer english dub, so I won't have to read subs I can't focus on what's going on. I rather just read the manga( not only that I don't have to worry about becoming cross eyed lol).

If the english cast is good then i am okay with it but if not i will take the japanese anyday however there is some that i refuse to watch in english Flame of Recca is at the top of the list that was just horrible there is some that the english was really good. Outlaw Star, Magic Knights Rayearth, n Card Captors r the top 3 that i can think of right now.

English.

Sometimes, I go with the Japanese audio. It depends on the show.

If the Japanese audio is awful, I switch it to English. (Shows such as DBZ and Kenshin)

I feel that a lot of Japanese voice actors tend to overact and stick to the same archetypes.

I like to see everything that's going on, instead of having to focus on the subtitles.

I shake my head in disgust when I read things like: "lolz you like dubs? you're not a real anime fan!1!"

With all of that said, there are English VA's that I like and Japanese VA's that I like.

I don't necessarily stick to one language.

I casted my vote too :ewhz:.

Either way is good, though if there is a chance I stick with English dub. Because than can more concentrate on what is being shown, rather than read. And I really can't see big difference between Japanese or English voice acting. Whatever is fine. It just sometimes after hearing one (let's say in Japanese) and hearing again the same in English seems kinda strange. So to say, voice and characters doesn't match than. But not like it's a big problem, really.

When it comes to anime this topic is always widely debated. I find that while it's nice to enjoy the anime in it's original tongue, there are times when the dub is better. Currently a lot of anime are being marketed at the western audience, being us in the states, resulting in animes involving scenarios outside of Japan. An example of these animes would be Hellsing Ultimate or Cowboy Bebop. With these animes it would be better for a dub due to the fact that it would be more relevant. When it comes to something such as Baka to Test or Welcome to the NHK the sub is better because the terms used are more relate able to the Japanese language rather than the English.

Well, I guess that the most important part is to enjoy the anime regardless whether it is subbed or dubbed.

Still, I would prefer Dubbed anime as it is easier to hear english than to keep reading.

I mean, I have had my share of studying (and am still having!)

In the end i would say lets enjoy anime whether it is subbed or dubbed.

I prefered mostly English Dubs (even in games). Cause i can spend most of my time wacthing the scenes than reading text. But I always leave the subtitles (I watched the Darkstalker OVA with out subtitles and i had to rewind a couple of times because there are words/frases i can't get just by listening).

It doesn't really matter to me. I like it both ways. I like to watch dubs on some anime because then i don't have to read the subs and an example of a good dub would be Inu Yasha. Subs I like because the voice actors are great at expressing emotions but sometimes the girls can sound screechy and annoying.