Koby

Japanese or English Dubbing?  

931 members have voted

1. 1. Japanese or English Dubbing?

• Japanese Dubbing with/without Subtitles
    • English Dubbing
    • Doesn't Matter to Me
    • Depends on the Anime

I usually prefer the dubs. I find it difficult to get into anime if it's subbed because I can't understand Japanese and I can't tell what words they're putting emphasis on for emotion, etc.

I can still watch subs if there are no dubs, but I much prefer the dubs, even if they're not real great. It's just not the same feel for me when I'm reading subs instead of watching the anime.

Either suits me. It depends on how I first watch the anime. If I watch an anime in sub before realising there was a dub, i would stick to the sub, because when I changed fro the sub to the dub, it would seem like the characters were different. But if I watched the dub first it would be vice-versa. As for buying animes, I can only seem to find English Anime DVD's :)

Bleach English voice are ok, not good not great. English voice acting must be excepional to convey the emotion properly in anime. Examples are of outstanding English dubs are: Full metal alchemist, Shakugan No Shana, Heroic Age, Black Lagoon.... Certainly not Bleach!!

Generally if there is one available ill watch dubbed because it's easier and quicker cos otherwise I never finish them (It took me 2 months to watch Katekyo Hitman Reborn ¬.¬) but some series' like Black Butler and Angel Beats! Have SUCH an annoying dub.

I mean I swear that the Kuroshitsuji dub just made my ears bleed. Eugh the fake British accents -dies- I mean no one (No one IVE met) talks like that over here! D: NO ONE.

And Angel Beats sounded soooooo cheesy and American, like a soap or something (No offense)

So with those I generally tend to go for sub, but others I prefer watching dub (Randomly)

For downloading I'd go dub whatever because then I dont have to cut off the subs in AMV making, so if there isnt a dub then RAW.

It really depends on the series. For most of the adventure animes I watch I prefer to use the dubs so I can watch the action better without annoying text in the way. If I can find the dubs, I prefer to watch those, but I have no problem watching the subs. My preference also is reliant upon the series progression; I watch One Piece in subs because I don't like to hunt for the dubs and I can't wait for the next episode (I also prefer the voices better, although Luffy's English voice cracks me up). Like most people I talk to, once I start a series in one language I end in that language.

(Dual audio isn't an option for me; my computer doesn't like mkvs.) :D

Personally it really depends what I see first. If I watch it Dubbed first I'll probably enjoy the dub more, if I see it in Sub first I'll probably complain how the Dub is worse than the original

but if I am able to watch it in Dual Audio(like if I have it downloaded or on DVD) the feeling would be mutual for both

Dubbed all the way for me, the main reason is because I can't stand Japanese girls voices, well not all of them just the real high pitch ones. They are so annoying and almost every anime has them. I really don't understand when people say american VA's don't put emotion in the voices. They all sound great to me.

I rather hear a language I understand than to hear aoproieurjklskjhdf AHHHH!!! lol. I will watch sub for new anime but once the dub comes out I'll stop watching sub. Unless there long like Naruto then I'll watch both cause I'll want to know what happens next. I really can't process how someone prefers sub over your own language, its weird but I won't call you a weeboo, I guess to each there own.

this is a hard one for me due to i got in to bleach just before the Xmas holidays and i been watching dubbed for a 200 episodes in and going i download all mine and i really do like the English voice cast defiantly ichigo's due there the voice i hear when i read manga in my head but i am also one for subs i do like them and the characters i think would be cool as well and match the characters at the same tine like the english dub.