Koby

Japanese or English Dubbing?  

931 members have voted

1. 1. Japanese or English Dubbing?

• Japanese Dubbing with/without Subtitles
    • English Dubbing
    • Doesn't Matter to Me
    • Depends on the Anime

I watch dubbed all the way. I watch while I study or work and can't be distracted by subtitles.

The only dubbing that annoyed me was the very first episode of One Piece when Luffy woke up from inside the barrel and..screamed(?)..I almost didn't continue watching, but i am happy to say it has become one of my top 10 anime shows

Personally it depends on the anime. Sometimes when I'm feeling lazy or just want background noise I'll keep it at dub, but when I can't wait for it to be translated I watch them sub. Princess Jellyfish was a lovely anime I enjoyed with sub that a close friend of mine recommended, when I was younger I feel in love with Onizuka dubbed though. ^^' I guess another thing it would come down to would be the VA, of course everyone has a favorite.

my personal view is that if the english dubbed voice suits the anime character it didn't matter but in most of the anime english dubbing does not synchronize with the anime character like son-goku in dragon ball z and some times the voices of the people who r dubbing the anime are not able to give or present the correct emotions in their voice so i prefer japanese language with english subs most of the time

i started watching bleach in english and really liked it, i watched up til the current episode (at that time) released in english ( the episode where chad uses the "diablo"s fist) and then switched to japanese. Some of the voice acting in japanese sounds better as it sounds like it has more emotion in it, while the english version lacks that, however i dont know japanese so the rest is wasted on me.

Definitely prefer Ichigo's english voice, seeing as I started watching bleach in english I now only think of his english voice, even when thinking back to a episode I watched in Japanese audio.

• 2 weeks later...
Whenever possible I would choose the English dub every time. Even if I hate the voice actors they got for a character, I still prefer being able to understand it as I hear it, rather than having to read the bottom of the screen.

The same goes here I have only found one series that the voice actors acting was unbearable but that doesn't mean I'm going to convert to subs.

WHAT IS WITH SO MUCH PEOPLE LIKING DUBBED?I HATE YOU ALL (i just hate myself for having watched code geass in dubbed)

Well those of us who enjoy dubs prefer watching the anime and absorbing all that happening with out reading then watching. And you must admit it is more enjoyable to watch a series and understand what they are saying rather than having to read first then be able to understand.

In the end to each is his own, you like subs I like dubs but in the end of it all it is our enjoyment of anime that brings us together as Kametsu members.

The same goes here I have only found one series that the voice actors acting was unbearable but that doesn't mean I'm going to convert to subs.

Well those of us who enjoy dubs prefer watching the anime and absorbing all that happening with out reading then watching. And you must admit it is more enjoyable to watch a series and understand what they are saying rather than having to read first then be able to understand.

In the end to each is his own, you like subs I like dubs but in the end of it all it is our enjoyment of anime that brings us together as Kametsu members.

Couldn't agree more, where its true I do watch subs, but if given the choice I will choose Dub. Subs can be acted better but with a dub you dont have to read subtitles which distract you from whats happening on screen. A dub lets you get into the action with haveing to read. It may sound lazy but subs just distract me from getting into the anime.

i like sub titles with the original japanese. i don't like seeing them try to dub their stuff themselves. but i'm also picky about the english dubs. the actors have to do it right or else it's painful to watch. the only dubs i like right now are the cowboy bebop dub and the ouran high school host club dub

I personally prefer English dubbings that way I can use them to make AMV's without the stupid subtitles xP But I did get yelled at about that just a few days ago because someone told me the Japanese Dubbings are better xP I will watch English subtitles though if I can't find the dubbings :3

Guys i think we should run the poll again, In my oppinion It depends on the anime, english dubbed is really comfortable to watch but with time it gets boring at a point cuz the voice actors are usually the same and u can tell like omg she sounds just like sakura or this guy soumds like ichigo .. and sumtimes english dubbed voices dnt do justice to the character.

well, it depends on how I first saw it. Like Dragonball Z. I prefer Eng Sub, because that is how I have always known it. I saw 90% of the episodes and movies that people are watching now on TV I saw 15 maybe 16 years ago. But like Ranma 1/2, I prefer Eng Dub. Only because that is how I have always watched it. Ninja Scroll, Eng Sub all the way. Some reason when I hear it in Japanese it has more emphisis, and feeling behind the words.

i think it dependes on one thing . with which aoudio you started to watching bleach.

i started watching bleach with jepaneese aoudio.and i cant watch that whit english dubed .

also i started watching naruto with english oudio and now i cant stand jepaneese aoudio !!!!

For me it all depends upon just simply what I feel more comfortable with at any given time. Sometimes I like dub better and others sub. Grabbing a dual-audio just makes things more convenient because it makes it easy to chose. How ever there is something I noticed. There are certain jokes or lines that go missing or misunderstood simply because they go translated. Its the one fault of translating any work.