Koby

Japanese or English Dubbing?  

931 members have voted

1. 1. Japanese or English Dubbing?

• Japanese Dubbing with/without Subtitles
    • English Dubbing
    • Doesn't Matter to Me
    • Depends on the Anime

I took a look at the poll results and I'm amazed at how many people prefer watching English dubbed anime. I've heard from a lot of my friends that it doesn't really  matter, most even prefer the original japanese voice actors as they cue in better and have more emotion behind their acting, most of the time.

All in all, the majority of anime fans are subtitled watchers. It's just Kametsu brings in a different crowd by focusing on dual-audio releases mostly. Even have a site (English Dub Kingdom) that only features anime with English dubs available.

I took a look at the poll results and I'm amazed at how many people prefer watching English dubbed anime. I've heard from a lot of my friends that it doesn't really  matter, most even prefer the original japanese voice actors as they cue in better and have more emotion behind their acting, most of the time.

All in all, the majority of anime fans are subtitled watchers. It's just Kametsu brings in a different crowd by focusing on dual-audio releases mostly. Even have a site (English Dub Kingdom) that only features anime with English dubs available.

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the clear up ^^!

I like them both really.

I started out purely as dub fan but there were some really great animes that I was interested in but there was no dub of them so, after so long resisting the urge and I checked one out and couldn't stop. If it has a dub version I wont watch it subbed unless they didn't and probably won't adapt the rest of it. And some anime are just horrible dubbed, like Rave Master (though I got bored of it after 3 subbed episodes), Medaka Box and many more.