Koby

Japanese or English Dubbing?  

931 members have voted

1. 1. Japanese or English Dubbing?

• Japanese Dubbing with/without Subtitles
    • English Dubbing
    • Doesn't Matter to Me
    • Depends on the Anime

I get what the pro subs reasons are, but honestly I would rather watch a show rather then spend 50% of the time reading it.... But in the case of DBZ, I honestly have no idea what they where thinking with the sound track of the sub versions. The origonal score is just sooo BAD.... the English cut's music is part of what originally drew me in to anime in the fist place.

Definately prefer subbed anime, some of the English voice actor/actresses do not do the character justice. Also I read the subtitles well before they have finished speaking so I don't miss any of the anime itself.

Only dubbed anime I have watced was Dragonball series as Goku sounds like a girl in the Japanese version and Pokemon (first few seasons, then I stopped watching it).

Dubbed, mainly for the reason of the reading.

Sure it may say different things in the subbed versions, and you may miss a tiny detail here and there, but it does not compare to how much you miss by having to stare at the bottom of the screen while watching the subbed.

This is really apparent when you start being a quality "woman of the evening".

There is little point to getting HD subbed, when you miss half the picture.

HD dubbed on the other hand... *drools*

I Like Dubbed Anime's Better Than Sub Anime But Some Times They Leave Half The Anime None Dubbed Like Naruto Shippuden They Dubbed Only 43 Episodes And the reste none dubbed and when i i wanted to watch it subbed i felt uncomfert because i got used to naruto dubbed voice and i could not stand it soo i am searching for the reste dubbed episodes if any one knows how to get the rest dubbed please send me a privite message sasori123.jpg

both are really good. But subbed is usually more melodramatic, although since I don't understand it it doesn't bother me, and I actually like their tone, it's interesting. I prefer dub because they are actually becoming so good at it, they sometimes make a better job in English, and they always try to sound less soap opera like. Some anime are better in one language some in other it depends a lot. Naruto definitely dubbed ehehehe

Usually i prefer dubs, but it is annoying when word are watered down when it is translated to english. For example i have noticed dubbed episodes of bleach some of the language seems to be watered down. I did watch subbed episodes of d gray man and then went to dubbed and i could not stand the english voice actor so i went back to subbed episodes. Voices have to match the character.

Just say no to dubs LOL!

I prefer the subs, unless it is one of the rare cases that the dub VA's do a killer job. But somehow dub VA's don't seem to convey the same emotions as their Japanese counterparts. When I first started watching anime, it was subbed and I just can't seem to get into the same anime when its dubbed.

There are exceptions to the rule tho, Cowboy Bebop. The dubbed VA's knocked it out of the park with that one. It is one of the rarities that I prefer to watch dubbed.

the only problem with the dub is that they don't give the swear words. lol like in naruto shippuden, i can't wait to see how they handle the arrival of hidan .

Hmm, I don't think naruto shippuden actually has that amount of swearing, I think It's just the fansub groups using those words for a greater impact, I could be wrong.

In your oppion when watching anme which is easier or better? im more towards eng dub(easier) but theres something about the jap voices when watching anime idk what think you?:confuse:

It really depends on the show. If I watch the first episode dubbed and like it, that's generally the way I go, since dubs are a lot easier on the eyes especially when a file is converted for play on a PSP.

In some cases, though, I make exceptions to this rule. For example, Rozen Maiden and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei are far better in Japanese to preserve the speech patterns and jokes respectively. On the other hand, the dubs for Trigun and Cowboy Bebop are so good that watching them subbed just seems like a shame.

I really like the dub. Haven't watched any of the series in subs yet.. but I have watched some of the movies and stuff. The sub is alright.. but I'm use to the dub and think maybe the dub matches some of the character better. But if you don't feel like waiting or can't wait, it's good enough I say watch it if you want. I am undecided if I should wait for the dub or not at the moment as well.

I prefer sub over dub, but I try to watch the dubs ones as they come out hoping that the english VA are good. Some are just hard to listen to but the recent one I watched, Spice and wolf, was amazing. Especially the main female actor. I enjoyed just listening her voice acting but it would have been a huge hit if the main char had put abit more effort into his Voice acting.

I like both but I mostly watch dubs unless it has really bad voices, funny thing is when i first seen OP i hated i thought it was retarded (well I seen the 4kids version that's probably why) until I discovered the Funimation version, well not to rant on I mostly like the dub the most but i do watch the subs