Koby

Japanese or English Dubbing?  

931 members have voted

1. 1. Japanese or English Dubbing?

• Japanese Dubbing with/without Subtitles
    • English Dubbing
    • Doesn't Matter to Me
    • Depends on the Anime

for me it's all about whether the voices match the characters it doesn't matter if it's dubbed or subbed all that matters is the voices match

You took the words out of my mouth. I mean, I have watched some shows where I hated the dub and liked the sub. Or where I've hated the sub and liked the dub (I can't think of any shows that apply to that at the moment, but I know I've run into a few. I have also watched many different shows ounce in dub and in sub because I liked them both quite a bit. Luck for my I've never run into a show that had both bad sub and dub.

i normally only watch in dubs but recently i have watched a few subs(like the bleach OVA and the school rumble third trimester) and now i don't mind watching short series in subs such as dance in the vampire bund. but i dont plan on switching from bleach dubs to subs since im so used to their english voices; same with one piece.

Subs don't bother me to much the reading after a while feels automatic you don't even notice you are reading, but you cant do anything else, and I like to eat or drink while watching so I usually watch the rub a dub dub version.

It depends on the anime really. The ones iv seen so far, Bleach, Naruto, trinity blood, full metal alchemist, Hell Girl, DBZ and so on.. have all done a great work with englishing dubbing and i do have a few of bleach and FMA which are subbed. In my opinion i reckon dub because its just easier eventhough i study japanese. lol

To tell the truth I prefer Dubs but I can watch subs don't get me wrong but I like my language a little better, but the one thing is alot of the same voice actors are popping up in a bunch of anime's it is making the english voice acting kind of monotonous and lame...

Me personaly, I prefer eng dub, well I speak and understand english,

however, I like some of the voice actors that do the english dubs ^^

they do a really good job in some animes, not all mind you

cough ( naruto ) cough , IMHO naruto should be in japanese ^^

the english dub voices dont seem to fit very well..

ah, the long lasting debate. I cannot chose generally if I like dubbed or subtitled anime better. It depends on the voice actors and how well I think they fit the characters. Sometimes it is english, sometimes it is japanese. None of them are universally bad or good, just the individual person who brings the character to life.

I prefer dubbed if one of my favorite voice actors, like Steve Blum (Spike from Cowboy Bebop) is in it, or if the English dubbing is of really great quality. I'll only check out subbed or fan-subbed anime if the the dubbed version really sucks, so it's a case by case kind of thing for me.

I can't really choose. I think I just prefer whoever seems to do a better job or which voice better fits the characters or setting.

I prefer the sub of Ouran High, but I prefer the dub of Lucky Star because there were some jokes I understood better in English.