Supernatural (TV Series)

Koby

The CW Network has given early pickups to five of its established series for next season, including an All-Star Cycle of America’s Next Top Model and the network’s top-rated drama The Vampire Diaries. All five shows will return in Fall 2011.

With America’s Next Top Model ordered for both cycles next season, The CW’s signature reality series will kick-off the Fall with its first-ever All-Star Edition, featuring the models who became breakout characters and who had the most memorable stories from past cycles. Additional details about the cast, judges and prizes for the All-Star cycle of Top Model will be announced at a later time.

The CW’s bloodily addictive hit The Vampire Diaries was also given an early renewal, and in its sophomore season, remains the network’s most-watched show (4.0 million viewers) and the network’s number-one show among its target audience of women 18-34 (2.9/9).

Also given early pickups for next season are The CW’s scandalous guilty pleasures Gossip Girl, the network’s second most popular series with women 18-34 (2.8/7), and 90210, which posts some of TV’s largest percent increases from DVR playback, more than doubling its women 18-34 live ratings once live+7 data is included.

The network also renewed fan favorite Supernatural, which enters its seventh season next year. In moving to Fridays last September, Supernatural immediately helped make The CW more competitive on the night and dramatically contributed to year-to-year gains on Friday of 66% in adults 18-34 and 60% in viewers.

• 1 year later...

I was hoping season 7 would be the last and that it'd wrap up everything with the Leviathans. I still don't know if it'll wrap up the Leviathan story or not this season, but it's been confirmed that Supernatural has been renewed for an eighth season, despite declining ratings since the end of season five.

The CW has announced that Supernatural will be back for an eighth season.

Voted the People’s Choice Best Drama Series and Best Sci-Fi Series, Supernatural moved to Friday nights at 9:00 p.m. ET in its sixth season. While the show’s ratings have, admittedly, declined year over year, The CW is satisfied with its performance on Friday nights and has decided to give it another year. Stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki confirm that they are signed on for an eighth season.

I was hoping season 7 would be the last and that it'd wrap up everything with the Leviathans. I still don't know if it'll wrap up the Leviathan story or not this season, but it's been confirmed that Supernatural has been renewed for an eighth season, despite declining ratings since the end of season five.

While I'm happy that the show is going to continue, because it'll always be one of my favorites, I also feel like it's been going steadily downhill. And as the ratings suggest, it probably should have ended with five seasons. I remember watching the last episode of season five, thinking, "Man, if this is how it ends, it'll be so perfect." Even though it obviously didn't end there. I just hope that when things finally do come to a close, it'll be a good, proper ending.

While I'm happy that the show is going to continue, because it'll always be one of my favorites, I also feel like it's been going steadily downhill. And as the ratings suggest, it probably should have ended with five seasons. I remember watching the last episode of season five, thinking, "Man, if this is how it ends, it'll be so perfect." Even though it obviously didn't end there. I just hope that when things finally do come to a close, it'll be a good, proper ending.

The creator (Eric Kripke or w/e) of Supernatural wanted it to end with Season 5 from the get-go. When they refused to let it end he pretty much said f**k it and left. So seasons 6+ are written by someone totally different. I think the creator should be able to end his work when he wants to and not has their own work tarnished because of network greed.

oh man, I'm so out of date with supernatural news

I knew season 8 was gonna happen no matter what

the cw just trolling the fans by delaying the confirmation

no way they were gonna drop it, even with the lower ratings

I actually like season 7 a lot...well a lot compared to season 6 for sure

totally wish leviathan shit would finish already and that they'll stop dragging it out...still have no idea where it can lead

rather have more monster-of-the-week stuff, like earlier in the series, except this time with more character stuff

that's the thing that ruin shows sometimes, too much plotness but characters don't really catch-up

glad about the castiel, crowley, demons, not-lucifer factors because those always carry potential for better-than-mundane,-a-bigger-plot-that's-not-so-stupid-like-bloody-leviathans...

you know how i want supernatural to end?

if season 8 is gonna be the final, then I wish to god that all the plotty stuff finished mid-season, and then end with character stuff

because in the end, supernatural is about two brothers vs. the supernatural (to me, anyways)

kudos to the awesome team free will and all them other bad-ass characters, but the thing about supernatural that's always a constant is Sam and Dean Winchester

nobody else lasts, one should realise by now

except them two

and in the past i might resent the show for killing off characters so ruthlessly (henricksen, bella, alistair, adam, gordon, etc...too long and not wanting to spoil tooo much) but after so long, i just come to accept that's how things roll

so yeah, my fantasy ending?

the list includes:

*retirement,

*death by natural causes,

*no more resurrection,

*FAMILY BUSINESS...as in HUNTER'S LEAGUE or something

*FAMILY BUSINESS...as in S&D Winchester & Sons Pty Ltd kinda thing...they need to make this hunting thing like legit to make money bro

*no more pro bono

*PLEASE no white-picket fence Deano

*maybe stanford Sammy? possible?...nah

*brothers driving off into the sunset will be the lamest thing ever!!....but if push comes to shove, I'll grudgingly accept...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Super Natural is so cool I love the adaptation of religius diety's crossing each other and having hinted historys with each other.

I can see season 5 being the end of it all or at least the wrap up of the series, season 6 was just so stale in story. My least favorite season.

Season 7 had a nice twist of monsters, however I did not like their Leviathan concept.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you want to see some funny Supernatural videos go to youtube and look for the Gag/Bloopers Reel. The funniest one in my opinion is Season 4.

Also look up Jensen Ackles singing Eye of the Tiger.

Supernatural bloopers are the best bloopers.

Also, that episode is probably my favorite of all time; I must have watched it five or six times.

It was announced today that Supernatural has been renewed for a ninth season.

I'm actually really upset about this. As much as I (*cough* used to) love this show, they really need to stop. I mean, the last episode was about Nazis for god's sake. I am so done.

I honestly think it should have ended with Season 5 like the creator intended. It's had some pretty crappy plot lines since (although there have been a few good ones in the mix).

I honestly think it should have ended with Season 5 like the creator intended. It's had some pretty crappy plot lines since (although there have been a few good ones in the mix).

I totally agree! Ending at season five and not bringing Sam back would have been the ending the show deserved. Now it's like they're just milking it for as long as they can. I also agree that there have been a handful of decent episodes, but the bad definitely outweighs the good in this case. And I'm severely disappointed, because I've been invested in this show for so long, and it's been a tradition in my household to watch the new episodes together; but now nobody even cares about it anymore.