[PSN] Breaking News

ウェンキ Leki

PSN is back up.

With free Rewards.

Non PSN + members: Will receive PSN + for 30 Days.

PSN + Members: Will receive and additional + 30 to their subscription.

i don't think its back up yet man, at lest not much is up yet. but ur right about the free PS+ stuff for 30days. it should be up Wednesday for NA, they already started putting it back up in select regions and slowly bringing it up to full........ OMG im borrowing KZ3 and i couldn't play it for over a week :'( lol not rly buts its been like 5days since my friend let me borrow it no big deal though, Gears of War3s Beta has kept my online life busy xD

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, playstation got hacked again..

Xbox (Microsoft) is the way to go.

Their is a reason you pay a lil bit of money a month, cause you get so many benefits.

Many reasons I stick to the 360. One of them being that microsoft doesn't have a crap junk security infastructure.

Wonder how long it'll take people to realise. But hey i geuss cheap people will be cheap.

But they get what they pay for. Free Service = junk service.

lol, playstation got hacked again..

Xbox (Microsoft) is the way to go.

Their is a reason you pay a lil bit of money a month, cause you get so many benefits.

Many reasons I stick to the 360. One of them being that microsoft doesn't have a crap junk security infastructure.

Wonder how long it'll take people to realise. But hey i geuss cheap people will be cheap.

But they get what they pay for. Free Service = junk service.

I'd rather have PS3 with no PSN than spend $200+ on a 360 only to have it break 2 months later.

And for the record, 360 has been targeted and hacked before, and the hackers attacking PSN have already claimed they will be targeting 360 next.

I'd rather have PS3 with no PSN than spend $200+ on a 360 only to have it break 2 months later.

And for the record, 360 has been targeted and hacked before, and the hackers attacking PSN have already claimed they will be targeting 360 next.

i dont get where people get this idea? I mean i've never had a broken xbox, except the one I dropped down the stairs...T.T

on the other hand, i've had to put my ps3 in twice for reparations...hmm...

as for the hacking, 360 aint had it's security compromised, ever. Certain games have been hacked to allow phishing and a few people have had details stolen due to their own stupidity, but the actual server containing the details and card numbers have never been hacked.

also the fact that rumour is spreading (bout xbox being next) is absolute bulls**t. thats just the media trying to get more people to panic buy their crap. Microsoft's users need not worry either, as we subscription system, meaning those who do try (which they probably wont) will be known. im a frequenter of 4chan and havent seen anything saying XBL is next...so im not going to worry...

i dont get where people get this idea? I mean i've never had a broken xbox, except the one I dropped down the stairs...T.T

Because everyone I know offline has had to replace their's multiple times. Any surveys done polling people on how many times they had their consoles broke shows more than 48% of 360 users being on a 3rd or 4th console. While only 1% of Wii owners being on a 2nd, and only 8% of PS3 users on a 2nd. I don't know anyone offline who has had any problems with Wii or PS3.. but I don't have a single friend who hasn't had at least 1 problem with a 360. There is a reason why there is literally a million youtube videos showing how to fix a 360.

I keep forgetting 4chan has sections other than /h/.. though it's true that the hackers saying the xbox is next is pure rumour, So far none of the psp communities/ blogs that I know have said anything about it and as far as I know the phishing thing was around before all this happened, though saying the Xbox cannot be hacked is like saying Macs can't get viruses honestly, people have proven time and time again that nothing is unhackable.

saying the Xbox cannot be hacked is like saying Macs can't get viruses honestly, people have proven time and time again that nothing is unhackable.

This statement is so very true. Nothing is completely 'secure' or 'unhackable'. If it exists, it can be hacked.

I have never had a problem with my xbox messing up either.

All of mine still run strong like the first day I got them.

Depending on how good you take care of your electronics helps span the life of your device as well.

I've never heard of xbox (Microsoft) getting hacked. Haven't had any problems with my Account either.

From what i've read/heard, Bill Gates had hired "Hackers" his self, "that are really good at it", to prevent other hackers from getting pass security infastructure.

I have both of the systems, I just seem to get alot more out of the 360.

A couple of examples.

From them getting add ons first, to the Applications. I know you can watch Netflix with a group on 360, but don't think you can on the PS3. Then the Kinetic is awesome Hands(no controller/Device) and voice operated even for Netflix.

Would go down big list but it'll take even way more typing and space.

I even upgraded/Customized my 360 parts from the fans and cooling system to the shell and lights, even the controller. So it even performs better and doesn't get real warm less than hot.

I have the PS3 but only use it to play some PS3 exclusive games (very few) like Uncharted, Resistance.

I honestly do get alot more out of it then the PS3, from the small stuff to the big stuff. I don't care who made it or what the name is, I just go by what it can do and how it performs. Not saying the PS3 isn't worth having, I have one too. It just sits there though. I just way more satisified and happier with 360.

Unfortanetly might not be too much longer till I stop putting alot of hours into gaming due to my health getting worse.

I have actually been putting way less more hours on consoles already.

just hope my health doesn't get any worse.

I'm not siding with the Ps3 in any way though( I own neither console), I have a lot of gripes about Sony as a company and the crap they have done with the Ps3 and Psp thus far namely, things like situation with Bleem and the more recent Geohotz case.

See: http://static.fsf.org/nosvn/dbd/sonyflyer.pdf

Have really led me to think that to some extent they deserved what happened to them, I by no means think they should shut down, but they should learn something from it at least. The only thing that I can say really bugs me about the Xbox is the fact that it uses Fat32 harddrives, When it comes to games and other crap that people complain about, I consider both consoles equal, can't comment on the online service for either though.

I'm not siding with the Ps3 in any way though( I own neither console), I have a lot of gripes about Sony as a company and the crap they have done with the Ps3 and Psp thus far namely, things like situation with Bleem and the more recent Geohotz case.

See: http://static.fsf.org/nosvn/dbd/sonyflyer.pdf

Have really led me to think that to some extent they deserved what happened to them, I by no means think they should shut down, but they should learn something from it at least. The only thing that I can say really bugs me about the Xbox is the fact that it uses Fat32 harddrives, When it comes to games and other crap that people complain about, I consider both consoles equal, can't comment on the online service for either though.

I actually disagree with that pdf file link you posted. At the end, it says that the "developers" are allowed to make use of the console they purchase in any way they please. In reality, that is false. The reason it is false is due to intellectual, propriety data inside the console's programming. By law, it is agreed, that any consumer is not permitted to modify anything proprietary, unless it is for "PERSONAL USE ONLY". Any modifications are not allowed by law to be given or shown to others, since that would not be classified as "PERSONAL USE ONLY". Sony had every right to sue. Another thing to note is that in a PS3, any external hard drive MUST be formatted into FAT32, or it most likely won't be read.

Also, the XBOX has been hacked, which is how people are able to play burned copies of games on them. Even modchips and the like are hacks.

Another thing to note: Sony removed the option for the Other OS before Geohots even tried hacking the PS3 itself, as far as I know. I hadn't even really heard of the person until he released the key to allow anyone access to modify their console, which is illegal by law in every country that I know of, since it is being released to the public without consent of the company who legally owns the product.

Well, I said I owned neither console didn't I? Xp But the main reason Geohotz did what he did was because of the removal of the other OS feature, which makes the Ps3 not function as advertised, If I did own a Ps3 I'd be pretty pissed about that just sayin, if a company sells a piece of hardware and intentionally locks away features that it is advertised for and changes it's TOS so often, so that you pay for something that you don't actually own, of course people are gonna do this kind of thing.

Well, I said I owned neither console didn't I? Xp But the main reason Geohotz did what he did was because of the removal of the other OS feature, which makes the Ps3 not function as advertised, If I did own a Ps3 I'd be pretty pissed about that just sayin, if a company sells a piece of hardware and intentionally locks away features that it is advertised for and changes it's TOS so often, so that you pay for something that you don't actually own, of course people are gonna do this kind of thing.

I didn't think I made it sound as if you owned any of them. I was directing the response at what you did write, not basing it on your experience with either of them or anything like that. Also, if you fully read that PDF file, you would know that it says that Sony removed the Other OS function because geohots announced something about hacking the system. As far as I know, they didn't remove it because of that or anything similar.

Also, lilwill00, because of "hackers" being highered for Microsoft, that may be the reason why they don't really attack it, not becauseof their "security" against other hackers. The "hackers" at Microsoft are probably also the ones that release activators for Windows and ISOs to install Activated versions of Windows. Since there are already "hackers" in Microsoft, no one else bothers, because they probably already know that what they want out of their software, at least, will already be made public, since they have inside workers there. Also, since they are "hackers", they can discreetly release it without being found out. That is the good and bad thing about having "hackers" highered for a company. This is assuming that Microsoft really does have "hackers" working for them, as you say.

I didn't think I made it sound as if you owned any of them. I was directing the response at what you did write, not basing it on your experience with either of them or anything like that. Also, if you fully read that PDF file, you would know that it says that Sony removed the Other OS function because geohots announced something about hacking the system. As far as I know, they didn't remove it because of that or anything similar.

Also, lilwill00, because of "hackers" being highered for Microsoft, that may be the reason why they don't really attack it, not becauseof their "security" against other hackers. The "hackers" at Microsoft are probably also the ones that release activators for Windows and ISOs to install Activated versions of Windows. Since there are already "hackers" in Microsoft, no one else bothers, because they probably already know that what they want out of their software, at least, will already be made public, since they have inside workers there. Also, since they are "hackers", they can discreetly release it without being found out. That is the good and bad thing about having "hackers" highered for a company. This is assuming that Microsoft really does have "hackers" working for them, as you say.

wow ragna...talk bout over reaction...lol

the "hackers" at Microsoft are real, but then again damn near ever single computer/software/every company in the world has a group of ethical hackers to combat actual hacking. This usually entails things like writing new encryption software and/or searching know hacker sites for rumour or bragging bout certain jobs. These hackers often have extensive knowledge in "counterhacking" and often have studied a long time to do so. These individuals wouldn't release hacks for the companies they work for for the simple reason it means they basically contradict what they are paid to do...

Also ragna, please re read the link...he was going to release an OS to allow the full use of all of the ps3s processing power. I had heard of geohot quite a while before this all happened and know that he doesnt charge for his "mods" for they are mods not hacks. He announced that he would do so for the ps3, free of charge, to allow people who have been promised the full use of a general computer system (remember that bit) which sony sold it as.

The law you quoted before actually doesnt apply to a general use computer system, which sony markets the ps3 as. It would apply for the 360 as it is a console and marketed such...but they couldnt care less due to the futility of trying to fight it...

Sony has brought things upon itself, making thousands of IPs that didnt belong to anyone involved and proceeding to try and black list them...they infuriate me something serious...buut alas, i shall finish my full blown rant before i burst a blood vessel...lol

According to the terms of service you agree to the first time you turn on your PS3 and the first time you also log into PSN, you agree you do not own your console you have pretty much just licensed the rights to use it and you in no way can modify the source code or the OS which it uses. Any altering to it can and will revoke your rights to the PSN.