Silent Hill.

Koby

I've never played the Games, because the Genre just isn't my liking when it comes to video games. However I love the Genre for movies. Although this movie wasn't totally awesome, I still really enjoyed it. I can't wait for the second movie to be released. For a video game based movie, it is definitely a step in the right direction.

According to other's who have played the games, they have told me the plot heavily followed that of the original Playstation 1 game, for the reason that it contained the same elements. It might be hard to notice because the story, rather the origins of the town and its darkness were changed, but the key elements were there. Or most of them were included. The story in the game is much more complex then the movie, so I can understand why a lot of things were left out, such as the drugs and the true role of Lisa, the nurse.

Such a plot should be hard enough to translate I would think, so I found it to be very decent work. The ending leave's you guessing as to what happened, but you kind of have an idea.

I saw this moive. It was alright. Never been the fan of the video games since I was always more of a Resident Evil person. But I will say this about the movie. You really have to pay attention to it to understand what is going on. Otherwise the plot of it will get you confused. The monsters in the film were creppy and the special effects for them was pretty good.

I will say I still want to see the second one when it comes out really just to see how things turn out.

I honestly don't know the whole true story behind Lisa's character, besides the fact she was actually working for Dahlia (who happens to be the evil character in the game), and also, I think the drugs were an alternate ending to the game. (I haven't gotten my hands on a copy of Silent Hill, but I hope I can soon.)

I thought the movie was really good, and followed a lot of the aspects of the game. What I'm really anticipating is that they make the second movie like the second game. Of course, Pyramid Head already made his debut, so I don't know how it's going to work with James' story, if they use it.

He said a game called "The Room" didn't interest him much.

The Room wasn't even supposed to be a Silent Hill game, but they added in Walter's storyline into it (they mention him killing two children in the second Silent Hill). I actually love that game, and have played it about 5 times already.

Anyways, I'm anticipating the second one. I hope it's as good as the first.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Sasy's Girl

I've never seen the movie (and when I had the chance my friend didn't want to watch it. I'm sure as hell not going to watch it alone) but I've seen a few games for it. My older sister loves the game series, and I usually end up reading the cheat guide's off to her when she's stuck somewhere on the game.

But, srsly their very scary games. Scarier than Resident Evil. They have more twisted stories, character's, and plots. Especially when going to different places, like jail cells, kitchen's, insane hospitals...x_x....