Naruto VS Onepiece

mrkay

I prefer naruto (shippuden) over one piece however I have to admit that the filler arcs especially in shippuden really piss me off however the development of the story in shippuden is really picking up such as the development of characters that are about to occur (Madara and Naruto's parents) and the awesome new abilities that both sasuke and naruto are soon to acquire in the next 30 episodes or so. Ive watched about 280+ episodes of one piece and its currently on hold at the moment. I mean luffy takes so long to learn gear second so your stuck with hi continually doing "gum gum pistol" for the first couple hundred episodes.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

naruto for sure, i can't stand one piece (though i don't know why)

I don't mean to sound rude or anything but the comments here are really starting to piss me off.

Maybe you can't stand One Piece because you're a filler loving maniac who prefers 150+ episodes of pure filler in which absolutely NOTHING canon happens.

Maybe it's because you watched the shitty 4Kids version of One Piece, which had absolutely no blood and a changed plot line that would be suitable for 4 year old kids and marines waving around green banana thingamajigs instead of actual guns.

Again, I don't wanna sound rude but unless you've seen both anime, you have no right to compare them simply on rumour and animation style.

What characters could you possibly be referring to? The original Genin from Naruto pretty much became obsolete in Shippuden after the

attacks on Leaf Village by Pain

All they do now is watch opponents who are vastly stronger than them beat the crap out of them before Naruto comes running and uses his newest learned jutsu to save the day.

I mean, let's consider Kakashi -

When we first saw him fight Zabuza, we were all 'this guy is wicked awesome. GO SHARINGAN!'.

However, now he always seems to run out of energy in mere seconds. I honestly thought it was really pathetic the way he lost to the first Pain like that.

And to make it worse, they brought him back to life to continue to serve as a fodder character.

And Neji, who's supposed to be a child prodigy and the only one who's been made Jonin of them all. I've often wondered why they keep sending inexperienced Genin or Chunin on extremely important missions rather than a Jonin, who's been chosen out of the rest to be better.

On those notes, Naruto completely fails in contrast with One Piece, in which all characters get stronger and help defeat the enemy in one way or another.

Naruto, on the other hand has become completely what the title implies - "Naruto", the guy who keeps getting stronger after every fight and his fodder friends who serve as meat shields.

LoL, in some ways is true, but I still prefer Naruto, 'couse some One Piece characters are simply too ugly .__.

I agree with Iki 100% people just don't get it , @imsorry are you serious ? so you are saying that you dont like OP just because of the art ? I don't consider you an anime fan whatsoever ...People believe me , what got me into anime WAS Naruto but after i saw OP for the first time I couldnt stand Naruto anymore (it took me about 30-50 episodes to get into One Piece) When I started it I didn't like the art or the story and I was about to give up on it but I watched another 10-20 episodes and I was hooked and couldnt stop watching.

And to all Naruto fanboys can you at least explain WHY exactly you dont like One Piece ...dont just say ''I never got into it'' Im really interested why people like naruto over one piece ...btw guys not trying to offend anyone.

LoL, in some ways is true, but I still prefer Naruto, 'couse some One Piece characters are simply too ugly .__.

naruto106885276.jpg

gamabunta-flower.jpg

Yeah, I feel the beauty of that washing all over me ... NOT! :P

So far, I haven't read a single VALID reason why people prefer Naruto over One Piece.

There are guys who haven't even seen it yet make conjectures out of rumours and heresy, there are guys who seem to think the animation style as "childish", and there are those who are simply fanboys.

However, I think one of the "main" reasons that Naruto is popular (which surprisingly, no one has mentioned so far) is that in Naruto, he learns new Jutsu after every arc or so whilst in One Piece, Luffy had to wait till about 300 episodes to get his "upgrade".

i thought that this topic will not be active, but i guess that it turned out to be a debate :D..

i will give my things to this and i will not be biased for one piece because im also watching naruto..

Hellllllloooo I love Naruto, never really got into One Piece and the characters annoyed me =D

say that after you atleast watch some of the one piece episodes.. the one special thing for one piece is it's character development, as for naruto.. i can only recall Naruto having the most character development in the shippuuden series, sakura had some.. but it's only in the start where she has to defeat sasori, although Jiraiya, Itachi and Sasuke has their own development in the story.. where the hell is the other konoha teams? they are only backup especially in the filler series. it's been a one man show up until now, even at nagato's death.

One piece definitely, Naruto had potential, but honestly, I just hate the whole "happily ever after with few casualties that people give a damn about," approach it's taken as well as the freakin Harem between Naruto and Sasuke, the latest canon episodes have done nothing more than confirm my beliefs that naruto's gonna hot-coffee sasuke eventually(that doesn't mean it's a bad show, it just kind of annoys me). One piece on the other hand, actually gets you to like the characters and when a certain someone passed away, actually made you feel sad about it, though I honestly, feel that the both of them could use a bit more tragedy, One piece still wins.

Naruto lost it's potential after it's 80 episode filler break way back years ago (episode 136 - 220).. after the crucial fight of naruto and sasuke, it's all filler.. i WAS a dedicated fan back there, but i blew it.. i can't stand on how did they pull that 80 episode filler off.. the manga is good, but the tv telecast sucks.

from my experience that time.. you have to wait 1 episode per week, how can you stand to watch those boring filler which only has missions and endless fighting if you knew that the manga is in the peak that time.

What characters could you possibly be referring to? The original Genin from Naruto pretty much became obsolete in Shippuden after the

attacks on Leaf Village by Pain

All they do now is watch opponents who are vastly stronger than them beat the crap out of them before Naruto comes running and uses his newest learned jutsu to save the day.

I mean, let's consider Kakashi -

When we first saw him fight Zabuza, we were all 'this guy is wicked awesome. GO SHARINGAN!'.

However, now he always seems to run out of energy in mere seconds. I honestly thought it was really pathetic the way he lost to the first Pain like that.

And to make it worse, they brought him back to life to continue to serve as a fodder character.

And Neji, who's supposed to be a child prodigy and the only one who's been made Jonin of them all. I've often wondered why they keep sending inexperienced Genin or Chunin on extremely important missions rather than a Jonin, who's been chosen out of the rest to be better.

On those notes, Naruto completely fails in contrast with One Piece, in which all characters get stronger and help defeat the enemy in one way or another.

Naruto, on the other hand has become completely what the title implies - "Naruto", the guy who keeps getting stronger after every fight and his fodder friends who serve as meat shields.

yeah, most of the interesting characters from each teams of konoha just become like that, they have no real development in the series.. they only just grew in age and height with their developed jutsu's. just think of it, where is Konohamaru now? he should be great now since he is the grandson of sarutobi afterall.. and, the only episode that i seen this character was in the first episode.

I prefer naruto (shippuden) over one piece however I have to admit that the filler arcs especially in shippuden really piss me off however the development of the story in shippuden is really picking up such as the development of characters that are about to occur (Madara and Naruto's parents) and the awesome new abilities that both sasuke and naruto are soon to acquire in the next 30 episodes or so. Ive watched about 280+ episodes of one piece and its currently on hold at the moment. I mean luffy takes so long to learn gear second so your stuck with hi continually doing "gum gum pistol" for the first couple hundred episodes.

your only in the 280+ mark, the series goes far beyond that, even in the manga to this date.. it's becoming much more epic. and, luffy is not the kind of guy who becomes stronger because of "training". he becomes stronger when his nakama's are in danger.

before i put my long post for this: i will give my watching status for the 2 big animes:

One Piece - Watched till Episode 480, Rewatched 6x since year 2007

Naruto - Watched till Episode 220, Rewatched Episodes 1-135 3x from year 2002 to 2006 and only watched one run of 136-220)

Naruto Shippuuden - Watched till episode 175, Rewatched 1x since June 1 - June 15, 2010.

Story:

Naruto:

Naruto has a good story with it, but it only revolves on two persons: Naruto and Sasuke.. the attention goes to Jiraiya for being killed by pain, but after that, most of the awesome characters from the first series "naruto" was left behind. we can see them to be a back up character in filler episodes, but, that is all to that.. no character development whatsoever.

i will give credit for shikimaru since he had the impact when he fought Hidan and also to sakura who defeat sasori with chiyo.

"had Neji who is a Jounin level defeat a strong akatsuki member? no.. it's really bad that most of the aspiring characters after the "naruto" series end just went off like that."

One Piece:

when it comes to story, one piece does really have it. people just have to watch through each episodes as the plot is getting together. one of the reasons why people never appreciate the series is because of the lack of fights right of in the start and also for the factor of "artwork style"

in one piece, each luffy's crew HAS THEIR REASON on why they joined the crew.. each of them HAVE DREAMS and their own goals to achieve, and on top of that.. it's their past and backstories which really adds to the storyline.

One Piece = Characters, and that's why it's an added factor on why it is good.. in naruto, the characters was lovable before.. but now you can love Naruto and Sasuke that much since that the story was just made for them in this point of tme.

Characters:

Naruto:

as i said, Naruto Shippuuden = Sasuke and Naruto.. PERIOD, except Jiraiya, Sakura, Shikimaru, Tsunade and Sai.

One Piece:

most of the characters are lovable because of their personalities and their actions based in the series.. they have their goals and the author of the series never forgets them.. even the villains have their own backstories to tell which is why One Piece is alot more better on Character development.

Animation:

Naruto:

it's obvious, Naruto has the much more preferred artwork back in those days. that Jutsu thing is quite interesting and the fights in the early prime of the series are good. i.e. Gaara VS Rock Lee in the Chuunin Preliminaries.. just watching that episode, people will have their interest in the series.

One Piece:

yeah, the art is "odd" which makes it troublesome to watch in the first glance.. just because the art is not that good is not a reason to watch it..

the animation picks up after episode 200+ where the water7 arc starts.. and if you try to watch it now, One Piece animation is much more detailed than Naruto has today.

Music:

there are some good music on both series, so i will give them a draw for this category.

Replayability:

Naruto:

most people skip the 136 - 220 filler gap.. and also skip the filler series inside the shippuuden series... is that what you call a good deserving anime to be better than one piece? i think not.

One Piece:

i watch it 6x already without COMPLAINING in FILLERS.. the reason is that there are no 8 - 25+ episode filler in the series.. most of the episodes in One Piece are not boring even if i watch it many times.. and most of the fillers in the series had some lessons in it.. (fillers that are exceptional even there are no fights or enemies)

so my vote goes to ONE PIECE, it's the best long shounen series around there.. my post is not biased since i know naruto that well.. it's just that i lost my interest in it years ago and switch to one piece.

im still not finished so i will put a list of certain events in each series and i will not point out any filler events here.

Interesting Fights for each Series:

NARUTO:

Episodes 1 - 80

* Kakashi VS Zabuza Fight / Haku VS Naruto + Sasuke Fight

* Naruto VS Kiba (The First time i watched it, i was impressed on how Naruto make a fool out of Kiba)

* Rock Lee VS Gaara of the Sand (EPIC and Exceptional!, i can't put any words to this since it was really awesome)

* Naruto VS Neji (Naruto's conversation to Neji was really cool)

* Shikumaru VS Temari (The reason why i love Shikumaru's fighting capabilities)

* Naruto VS Gaara (EPIC!, one of the best fights in the "Naruto" series)

* Orochimaru VS Sarutobi (awesome battle with lots of high level jutsu's)

Episodes 81 - 135

* Itachi + Kisame VS Jiraiya (pretty good!)

* Three Sanin Battle (pretty good!)

* Naruto VS Kabuto, Rasengan's first usage (EPIC!, the way naruto did it to Kabuto was awesome.)

* Naruto VS Sasuke in the Valley of End (EPIC! , one of the best fights in the "Naruto" Series)

NARUTO SHIPPUUDEN:

* Gaara VS Deidara (Art is a Bang!)

* Sakura + Chiyo VS Sasori of the Red Sands (the only serious battle where Sakura had an impact in the series)

* Naruto VS Orochimaru (Good!)

* Deidara VS Sasuke (Awesome Battle!)

* Kakuzu + Hidan VS Asuma Team (i just love on how did they animate Hidan)

* Kakuzu + Hidan VS Shikimaru Team (i love shikimaru that much, so this is one of the best battles that he had in the whole series)

* Kakuzu VS Naruto (Good!)

* Jiraiya VS Pain (EPIC! EPIC! EPIC!, this is the best episode that i've seen so far in the series for Jiraiya's sake.. also, this is the most sad and frustrating episode that i've seen in the whole series)

* Itachi VS Sasuke (EPIC!, the battle between these two is really good!)

* Konoha VS Pain (awesome in some parts)

* Naruto VS Pain (EPIC!, one of the best fights in the Shippuuden Series)

ONE PIECE:

East Blue Saga:

* Luffy VS Captain Kuro (The reason why this fight is interesting is because of what Luffy told to Kuro when he starts killing his own comrades)

* Luffy VS Don Krieg (awesome battle, that's all)

* Ruronoa Zoro VS Mihawk (still an awesome battle even it's an utter defeat)

* Strawhats VS Arlong Crew (Especially Ussops battle where he uses his funny hit and run tactic)

* Luffy VS Arlong (EPIC!, and on top of that here is an awesome quote from luffy in that particular arc)

"I can't use swords, I can't navigate, I can't Cook, I Can't even Lie... but i can definitely kick your ass!"

Alabasta Saga:

* Luffy VS Zoro (their battle at whiskey peak was really funny)

* Luffy VS Wapol (awesome battle, as Luffy gets his conviction from Dr. Hiluluk's flag)

* Strawhats VS Baroque Works Number Agents (Especially Ussop's battle after hearing Luffy's defeat from Crocodile and Zoro's cutting of steel from Mr. 1)

* Luffy VS Crocodile Part 1 Rainbase (The first defeat of Luffy in the series)

* Luffy VS Crocodile Part 2 Arabasta Roof (The second defeat of Luffy in the Series)

* Luffy VS Crocodile Part 3 Poneglyphs (EPIC!, one of the greatest fights and finales in the series.. as Luffy sends crocodile flying, the music background that was used was quite exceptional)

Some awesome quotes for this Arc:

"Dr. Hiluluk to King Wapol's Isshin 20: When do you think a person dies? When a bullet from a pistol pierces his heart? No... When he's attacked by an incurable disease? No... When he eats a deadly poisonous mushroom soup? No... A person dies when he is forgotten.. "

"Dalton to King Wapol: Even how good medicine this country has, there are no medicine for fools!"

"King Cobra: A kingdom is it's people, There will be no kingdom if there will be no people in it"

"Crocodile to Princess Vivi: "The love for the kingdom will be the one to destroy the Kingdom"

"Conversation of Crocodile and Luffy in their final battle inside the ruins:

Crocodile: Tell me pirate, what did i steal from the Princess? is it money? gold? country? rain?

Luffy: No!, you steal her smile! Vivi can't smile because of you!"

Skypiea / Jaya Saga:

* Luffy VS Bellamy (EPIC!, it's one of best episodes in the series since i really hate bellamy"

* Zoro, Nico Robin, Wiper, God, Nami VS Enel (Enel is really strong :D)

* Luffy VS Enel First Round (Luffy's expression to Enel was quite nice)

* Luffy VS Enel Second Round (EPIC!, Gomu Gomu no Ougan Rifle!! BOOM!)

"Not much more to say in skypiea, but Luffy's finishing blow to Enel pave way to an EPIC ending for the whole Skypiea Arc which is a good reason on why it's one of the best ARC's in the whole series"

Water7 / Enies Lobby / Buster Call Arc:

* Groggy Ball Fight: Sanji + Zoro (The animation was top notch in this particular fight where Sanji and Zoro for once, had joined forces to defeat Foxy's Men)

* Luffy VS Silver Foxy (EPIC!, Afro Luffy defeats Silver Foxy in a near death situation and he said this words to Foxy himself"

Luffy to Silver Foxy: "Even if i die, you can't take my nakama!

* Strawhats VS Admiral Aokiji (The first defeat of Strawhats in the series)

* Ussop VS Monkey D. Luffy (EPIC!, one of the saddest and fiercest fights in the series because of Ussop's stubborness.)

* Strawhats VS Rob Lucci, Kaku, Kalifa and Blueno (The second defeat of Strawhats in the Series)

* CP9 Blueno VS Luffy w/ Second Gear (EPIC!, this is the first time Luffy has used Gear Second!)

* CP9 Fukurou VS Franky ("My cola is my way of life", it's a funny episode and yet.. got an interesting fight between Franky and Fukurou)

* CP9 Jyabura VS Sanji (Sanji first usage of "Diable Jambe")

* CP9 Kaku VS Ruronoa Zoro (most of Zoro's fight in the series are interesting)

* CP9 Rob Lucci VS Luffy (EPIC!, Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Jet Gatling was really EPIC!)

Thriller Bark Saga:

* Ruronoa Zoro VS "Wano Samurai" (in all of Zoro fight's this is the best fight that he had.. the animation was top notched too)

* Ussop / Sogeking VS Perona (it's good, especially when ussop changed to sogeking while running from Perona)

* Strawhat VS Odz (The first time in the series where the whole Strawhat crew joined together to bring an enemy down)

* Nightmare Luffy VS Odz + Shikibukai Moria (EPIC!, this is the only episode where luffy can use that Nightmare mode)

* Gear Second / Gear Third Luffy VS Shikibukai Moria (EPIC!, in the whole thiller bark saga.. this is the best fight.

* Shikibukai Kuma VS Strawhats (EPIC!, the crew was defeated but.. Zoro's loyalty to the crew was really exceptional)

Sabaody Archipelago / Impel Down / Marineford Saga: (Current Arc today)

* Luffy VS Celestial Dragons (EPIC!, i was really frustrated to the Celestial Dragons and Luffy really did it.. the punch was really EPIC! and added to that, Dark King Reighleigh's Awesome "Haki")

* Captain Kid, Trafalgar Law and Monkey D. Luffy VS Marines (SUPERNOVAS)

* Strawhats VS Pacifista's (another joint attack of the strawhats using the fullest of their abilities to bring down one pacifista)

* Kizaru VS Some Supernovas (hahaha, it's KIZARU, and he is really strong)

* Kizaru / Pacifista / Kuma VS Strawhats (EPIC! and Tragic Ending, as the crew was completely defeated, and was separated by KUMA.. this is the most sad episode in the series as far as i know)

* Luffy VS Magellan (awesome fight, even Luffy was defeated by Magellan's Poison

* Luffy VS Blackbeard (EPIC!, i dont have any words for this)

this is it for the interesting fights.. i will not add the one's from marineford since that i still have not finished watching it till 489 =)

Yes, there was a visible change in the animation style after the end of the G8 Arc and the Arlong and Alabasta arcs were one of the best the series had.

In terms of anime, One Piece takes the cake. Naruto (the anime) has become too filler infested. The manga and anime company have no co-ordination and as a result, they always keep catching up the manga ahead of time and thus, have to resort to nonsense fillers.

One Piece on the other hand has an excellent filler management system, with the longest one being 10 episodes long.

In terms of manga however, it is a completely different story. I haven't read the One Piece manga yet and i only started the Naruto manga after the Pain arc, so I can't go into detail about it.

I assume they'd be equals in manga since they both have such high selling-rates in Japan.

wow dude you just... wow hahaha very nice post.

yeah, thanks.. i know what you feel :D

Wow, just...wow, I think this arguement is pretty much over now lol.

did i overdo it? i just give my views on both sides so i don't think that i've been biased on One Piece.

In terms of manga however, it is a completely different story. I haven't read the One Piece manga yet and i only started the Naruto manga after the Pain arc, so I can't go into detail about it.

I assume they'd be equals in manga since they both have such high selling-rates in Japan.

well, both of them are really good.. but the only difference between these two are the probability of the time that they will end. if you try to read both of the manga for these two great series, you can somehow feel that the other one is almost in the edge of the story while the other one is still on it's half.

i don't want to go to conclusions, but that's what i feel..

__________________________________________________________________________________________

did not expect that no one will try to atleast defend naruto.. i was just going to post some quality post out here like:

- most tragic and sad episodes.

- most cliffhangar episodes.

- most funny episodes.

- most epic finales.

- number of filler episodes.

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One piece manga. Oda's art is better than what you see in the show, even before the animation quality took a nose dive after enis lobby. Plus the show's pacing is awful.

If interested in seeing the show, keep an eye on the One Pace project which seeks to edit out needless scenes/fluff so it's closer to the manga and covers 2 chapters per episode as opposed to the current 0.5 chapters per episode.