Two and a Half Men

RazorDan

Charlie Sheen attacked his director and his show has now been axed.

Production on Charlie Sheen's hit sitcom 'Two and a Half Men' has been halted after the actor ranted about the show's creator.

Sheen firstly lashed out at Chuck Lorre on a US radio station calling him a "turd" and a "clown".

He told listeners: "I’ve spent, I think, close to the last decade, I don’t know, effortlessly and magically converting [Lorre’s] tin cans into pure gold, and the gratitude I get is this charlatan choosing not to do his job, which is to write."

The actor, whose battles with addiction have been well-publicised, later told gossip website TMZ that he wanted to fight Lorre in an octagon, adding: "If he wins, then he can leave MY show!"

He continued: "I violently hate Chaim Levine [Chuck Lorre's birth name is Charles Levine]. He's a stupid, stupid little man and a p**sy punk that I'd never want to be like. That's me being polite.

"That piece of s**t took money out of my pocket, my family's pocket, and, most importantly, my second family - my crew's pocket. You can tell him [Lorre] one thing. I own him."

The producers of the show, which is one of the most watched on US TV, responded by saying they were stopping work on the series.

In a statement, CBS and Warner Bros said: "Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros Television have decided to discontinue production of 'Two and a Half Men' for the remainder of the season."

Sheen responded angrily to the news with an open letter, also published on TMZ:

"What does this say about Chaim Levine after he tried to use his words to judge and attempt to degrade me. I gracefully ignored this folly for 177 shows ... I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can't handle my power and can't handle the truth. I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon.

"Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words - imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists. I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show for almost a decade to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong."

The actor's original outburst is believed to have been sparked by a message on a 'vanity card' that featured during the closing credits of last week's episode.

Chuck Lorre has a long history of featuring 'vanity cards' with messages at the end of shows that he works on. The cards are normally featured for just a couple of seconds so viewers wanting to read them in full often have to pause the picture in order to do so.

Last Monday's 'Two and a Half Men' vanity card said: "If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I'm gonna be really p***ed."

Well the vanity card was bad but i think Sheen may have over reacted :D

Full article here

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last season's delay and shortage of episodes thanks to Charlie Sheen-- it seems he still hasn't learned his lesson. Ending up in Rehab all over again has caused the popular Television Sitcom to once again be put on hold, but how much of this will CBS take? Seems like this might be the end of the show completely from the latest news.

Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of "Two and a Half Men" for the remainder of the season.

Will there be another season? Only time will tell, but I don't think it is wise to continue to pay someone to do a show if they keep ending up causing the show not to be taped and aired. Charlie Sheen is putting the rest of the cast out of a job and costing the company a lot of lost pay. Given how today's society works, that alone can cost him to be sued for lost wages (people go sue crazy <.<)

What do you think of this?

Honestly, Charlie Sheen is not such a great person being on the drugs and doing what he has done. However this whole ordeal with CBS is not the fault of Charlie Sheen nor was he the one who started it. Chuck Lorre wanted to be an ass and start shit and Charlie just didn't sit back and let that prick say what he wanted. Chuck Lorre got mad/butthurt because Charlie replied and so he had them fire Charlie.

If you ask me without Charlie.. Two and a Half Men would have been nothing. Although the series has already pretty much ran it's course. They should finish this season and then call it quits, but instead they canned the season, fired Charlie, and might possibly hire someone else to play his part. >.>

All because Chuck Lorre wanted to be a prick.

• 3 weeks later...