Where Do You Purchase Your Video Games?

Kid Ryan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For PC Steam sales, indiebundles, etc. is how I get everything. If you are just willing to wait basically all games with be down to $5 or less. If somehow I was ever to finish my games I'd probably buy a little faster but it's not going to happen and that saves a ton anyhow. If I had plent of money though I would actally buy more when they came out to help support the people that make what I think deserve the most support, but you do what you can do.

well I used to buy them at this store called Game Planet, which is the "equivalent" to GameStop in Mexico but since now I'm sticking with the computer, I get them with Steam, is great (as long as you have an OK download speed) and if you switch computers you don't have to worry about achievements or data loss.

Mostly Amazon and the local Best Buy. I do prefer saving on games though so I also scout out which places have good deals even if it means a slightly longer drive. Rarely will I go make a deal with Satan and get a game at a Gamestop like I used to when I was younger. Amazon tends to give about $10-20 in credit for certain games too so that just goes right into another game or movie purchase. 

• 1 month later...

As I live in Germany and suffer from censorship on various titles I mostly "buy" them via steam. My buddies gift them to me and I pay the piper.

Otherwise I buy from certain shops in Austria like Gameware.at for instance or buy via eBay.

For the stuff not censored I used Amazon, eBay, Steam, Origin, local shops or actually the publisher shops in no particular order.

It all depends on pricing and what I want to receive then (digital or physical copies, limited edition or standard edition, etc.).

• 2 weeks later...