CardCaptorAngel

Looking for a new manga to read

I have finished reading my current manga series and I am now looking for a new series

I have recently read Kaichou wa maid-sama and Faster than a kiss and was wondering if you guys have read anything similar.

Failing that...

I will also accept recommendations for any other manga too- all genres accepted.

An ongoing series that I would say has a similar feeling to the manga the mang's Kaichou wa maid-sama and Faster than a kiss would have to be an ongoing series called Dengeki Daisy

A finished series that I would recommend that might be a little different from the two series you talk about but if you liked those I think you'll like this quite a bit; is... Cat Street. The description might or might not turn you off to the manga, but I beg you to reconsider if it does and just decide to look into this one, just go and read the first two volumes before deciding if your going to read the entire thing or not, it's just that great of writing and storyline it just takes a little bit to really get into it. And also to throw it in there Fruits Basket has a similar atmosfear but has a bit of fantasy though is just a great read if you haven't read it I highly recommend it. Hope those help and just hope you find something you enjoy, good luck and happy reading.

Thanks guys.

I have read all of tsubasa, and some of Fruit Basket, and the first few chapters of Dengeki Dasiy (i suppose i should read the rest of these two manga- thanks for reminding me :) )

I'll take a look at the manga you recommended Wake and tell you what I think later.

Not really sure if you would like this one, but you could try reading D. Gray-man. It's more of an action-comedy manga, but there are a lot of speculations about who's going to end up with who. It's also an ongoing one and releases monthly.

From your username, I can assume you are familiar with at least some of CLAMP's works. Which ones have you read so far?

I am in the middle of reading CardCaptors (i'm getting the omnibus books). I have read all of tsubasa and am up to date with xxxholic. I have read Legal Drug, as well as DerayD and miyuki-chan in wonderland.

I have watched but not read clamp school detectives as well.

LOL, up to date with xxxHolic? It's totally finished, boo...oh wait, maybe you don't read scanlations online? 'Cause like, yeah, I guess it's not finished if you're waiting for the volumes to come out...

But it is finished in Japan.

Anyway, I would definitely like to recommend Tokyo Babylon and X (sometimes referred to as X/1999). They are two of my favorite CLAMP series. Clover's pretty cool too, and it has an omnibus edition as well. Hell, there are several CLAMP series I could recommend (they have like 20 series!!!), but that would be overkill. LOL Angelic Layer's pretty neat, too...

As for non-CLAMP manga, have you ever read Fairy Tail or Vampire Knight?

LOL, up to date with xxxHolic? It's totally finished, boo...oh wait, maybe you don't read scanlations online? 'Cause like, yeah, I guess it's not finished if you're waiting for the volumes to come out...

But it is finished in Japan.

Anyway, I would definitely like to recommend Tokyo Babylon and X (sometimes referred to as X/1999). They are two of my favorite CLAMP series. Clover's pretty cool too, and it has an omnibus edition as well. Hell, there are several CLAMP series I could recommend (they have like 20 series!!!), but that would be overkill. LOL Angelic Layer's pretty neat, too...

As for non-CLAMP manga, have you ever read Fairy Tail or Vampire Knight?

For XXXholic i have read up to chapter 213 but i doesn't really seem like an ending to me. I suppose him continuing the shop is the ending?? I'll have to read more of CLAMP's works, but like you said there are so many.

I have read vampire knight, and the start (eg volume 1 and 2) of fairy tail.

And xpikapetx, thank you for your recommendations, i'll have a look at them- there can never be enough manga on my waitng to be read list!

Although i had better finish some of these series i have suddenly realised i have never finished reading :)

If i'm thinking of the right series, that's the one with a vampire who gives blood instead of taking it right. If i'm right then i have watched the anime called Karin, but i have not read the manga.