Heroes (2006 TV Series)

shinji

well, it's not much of a surprise, really.

the series was only good till season 2. after that, it really started spiraling downwards and the only reason i kept on watching was that i expected something good to come out at the end, but they just kept adding more and more time paradoxes until it became as confusing as hell.

also, i got pretty tired of

sylar alternating as a good guy/bad guy and i really wished they would kill off Clare and the horn-rimmed glasses guy. those two really started getting annoying with their silly father-daughter shit.

I agree 100%, I was so mad when they ruined Heroes, it was my favorite tv show and the only reason I kept watching was because I thought something good was going to happen and everything was going to be explained in the end, but it just got more confusing and nothing was resolved. When they introduced that one character that Hiro always called "butterfly man" (I forgot his name) I gave up on hoping that everything was going to be explained.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, I'm watching Heroes. I watched Season 1 before, but this time, I got all five seasons and I'm just going through them all.

Anyway, my question is this. Midway through Season 1, Nicci/Jessica becomes an assassin for Linderman. He instructs her to kill Nathan Petrelli. My question is, why? Linderman's goal is for Nathan to win his election and eventually end up in the White House. Why would he order his assassination?

Nathan was trying to rat out Linderman, despite being urged by everyone not to.

Except, in Season 3, in the episode "Villains", we see that Nathan, as an Assistant District Attorney, was targeted by Linderman's henchmen in the car crash that paralyzed his wife. This happened before Nathan decided to run for Congress.

So, Linderman tries to kill Nathan because he knows Nathan is trying to prosecute him...fails, then Nathan runs for Congress...and Linderman funds him? Has a secret plan for Nathan that requires him to stay alive...so I'm still questioning why try to kill him.

Another question I have relates to Season 2. It's about the Irish lass Peter Petrelli falls in love with. I can't remember her name, so I'm just gonna call her Jane. Peter unintentionally travels to the future with her, a future ravaged by a killer virus and she gets trapped there. Several times throughout that season, he goes on and on about how she's trapped there and he can't rescue her (I don't think its ever explained why Peter can't time travel again). Anyway, at the end, he stops the virus capsule from breaking and the whole apocalyptic future is averted. Only here, the lass is completely forgotten about, as she's never mentioned again (I'm currently on "The Eclipse Part 1" of Season 3).

Now, depending on which version of time travel you think is right, she's fucked. Either the future she's in was erased completely, along with her; or she continues to live in that alternate future, but the Peter Petrelli she knew now lives in a parallel time-line, with no way to reach her (since his and Hiro's power involves travelling through time, not possibilities, if I've got it figured out right). There is no Irish lass anymore in Peter's new time line as of the start of Season 3: she existed right up until that part of Season 2 when she and Peter time travelled, and then from that point on until that moment in virus-ravaged 2008 the two teleported to, she didn't exist at all.

So...does Peter ever think about her? Is she ever mentioned again? Or am I right in thinking the writers completely forgot her?

I'm just gonna outline perhaps the one way Peter could rescue her, and explain it to the best of my ability. The future he travelled to was a 2008, where a year before, the virus capsule was broken and the virus was unleashed. However, as of the end of Season 2, Peter stopped the capsule from breaking. So let's say the capsule breaking happened at noon on...June 1st, 2007. I forget if the show had a specific date, so let's go with June 1st. If Peter, on May 31st, were to travel to 2008, he would be in a future where the capsule existed and was broken. So, basically, he travelled to a possible future of that date, May 31st. However, if he, on June 1st stops the capsule and then, on June 2nd, travels to 2008, the future he will arrive in won't be virus-ravaged, because there's no way for a future to exist that would be ravaged by the virus (at least by the one he stopped). That means, if he says on June 2nd "I'm going to the future to save Irish Lass", he can't. He's blocked from travelling to that future.

However, what he can do is travel back in time to May 31st, where the possibility of the virus being released still exists. Then, he can move forward to 2008 and, if he's lucky, the future he ends up in has been ruined by the virus.

• 2 years later...

DID ANY OF YOU GUYS WATCH THIS EPIC TV SHOW?

• why do you like/dislike this tv show?
• who is your fav character?
• which season did you think was the most epic?

my fav character
tumblr_m3xmz5Rs6h1rn435g.gif
enough said ♥

i know the guy that plays sylar is gay in real life but omg, he pretty hot

i also like hiro lol

so far, im done with season 2, starting with season 3 now
....season 1, omg so good....sometimes a little confusing but REALLY good
loved it, i really liked season 2 as well

i dont get it why people are saying other seasons were bad compared to the first one...i really liked the 2nd one

and enjoying season 3 ♥

this is good, REALLY good television

• 1 year later...

Sure does seem like Claire is alive and that Noah's memories were wiped to keep her safe. He likely told his friend to kill him if he ever showed because he knew what it'd mean if he did. Seems pretty moot either way with the new eyegear technology that can locate EVOs anywhere in the world; even Claire can't remain in hiding forever. I never understood why Hiro couldn't just jump back and wipe the people out who would hunt the EVOs before they even learn what an EVO was; would save us from this cliche plot line.

Looks like we're just getting another retread of the same old X-MEN plot that has been borrowed over and over again for series based on people having special powers. Really getting tired of this trope.

There really is nothing new about Heroes Reborn. The only difference between Heroes and Heroes Reborn is that the cast isn't as nice as before. It's the same routine and plot rehashed though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

‘Heroes Reborn’ Won’t Get Second Installment

Originally ordered as an limited/event series, Heroes Reborn will remain that. At TCA today, NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt confirmed that there will not be a second installment.

“Yeah, I think that was always the plan unless (creator) Tim (Kring) woke up one day and said I have another chapter to tell,” Greenblatt said. “I think we’re coming to the end of the world though. Stay tuned.”

While it helped keep the lights on in the Thursday 8 PM slot, which had been challenging for NBC, Heroes Reborn was a modest ratings performer. As could be expected from a serialized, sci-fi drama, Heroes was solid DVR performer with sizable lifts.

• Like 1

On 2016-01-21 at 8:25 PM, DeathTheKid said:

Well that sucks. I didn't think that Reborn wasn't bad. I've actually quite enjoyed it.

Although I don't know what would top "the world coming to an end" type of scenario that's happening now.

They left a giant cliffhanger at the end. I'm saying it's not dead yet. :dhh: