Sign in to follow this  
pingo117

Favorite Studio Ghibli Movies

Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away are my top 1/2. But I also like My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke a lot.

Graveyard of Fireflies will NEVER be forgotten. I think I'm still traumatized by that movie to this day. I don't hate it, but if I'm honest I can't love it fully either. And big parts of me LOVED it. But it made me cry so hard and feel so horrible for days. It haunted me for days. And I still try to block it out of my mind because I'll just cry if I think about it too much. So yeah Graveyard will always be imprinted in me.

Wow, that's a hard choice. I think all of Miyazaki's movies have something special about them. I'm going to say Spirited Away, but it could also be because that's the first one I got to see in an actual cinema (I went to see it twice) and I have special memories of it.

For me, its Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle,My neighbor Totoro and Laputa: Castle in the sky (although, I didn't got the chance to finish the whole movie..)

Princess Mononoke, a Studio Ghibli classic. I've watched this masterpiece many a times (since I was a young child) and still can't get over the gorgeousness and depth. Always a 10 out of 10 rating from my end. For those of you who never watched it, the story genre is fantasy and is placed in ancient Japan, specifically in the Muromachi period. The main characters of the tale are a young warrior named Ashitaka and a young girl named San, who both struggle against humans who destroy the forests for it's natural resources and the mystical creatures/guardians (deities) who want to protect it. Great movie and lesson for children and adults alike!

Personal rating: ★★★★★ out of ★★★★★.

I like all Miyazaki films, and my top two is Howl's moving castle and Spirited away.

Spirited away is my favorite however, the first Miyazaki movie I've seen.

I was in the hospital, I was about eight years old, watched it on VHS and fell in love.

Yeah! I love Spirited Away. Studio Ghibli or not, it's my favorite animated movie.

There was something about it that was just so, perfect, even watching it as a child.

That shadow monster thing creeped me out though, ahah.

Princess Mononoke was my first and is forever my favorite Ghibli film. The ones that come in close after it would have to be Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, and Nausicaä. I'm also rather fond of On Your Mark, but it doesn't really fit the question.