Football Discussion Thread

Ronin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greece throughout the tournament didn't play that well, they just had one of those lucky streaks which got them through. Just that one goal then they played 11 men behind the the half way line.

I think the best match from that tournament was Netherlands Vs Czech Republic. I could be wrong if i am thinking of another tournament/friendly.

England lost 2-1 to Russia.

The defeat now leaves England on the brink of failure, and even a home victory over Croatia next month won't be enough if Russia win their remaining two games, one of which is against pub side, Andorra.

We need a massive favour from Israel or it's curtains for McClaren and his bunch of overpaid prima dona's.

They had a dubious penalty given to Russia. Yes i know thats not an excuse but it seems no matter what coach takes over England, it is a hard task.

That's only because the team isn't as good as everyone claims. Just because the players are good, it doesn't mean they work well as a team.

England and Spain arguably have the best individual players in the world across the board, yet they rarely excel at international level.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...