Fairy Tail

DrumRoll

The only English Dub there is, is some totally shitty Asian dub. It's not worth bothering with. As for a real dub, it was announced Fairy Tail was licensed by MANGA in the UK. It's unknown if they will dub it or release it subtitled only. Given their past it could go either way, but honestly I think it'll end up being dubbed.

The only English Dub there is, is some totally shitty Asian dub. It's not worth bothering with. As for a real dub, it was announced Fairy Tail was licensed by MANGA in the UK. It's unknown if they will dub it or release it subtitled only. Given their past it could go either way, but honestly I think it'll end up being dubbed.

True... But judging by how popular fairy tail is (I am not sure for the anime but in the manga it ranges in the top 10 [normally number 4] on most manga websites) surely they would dub it?

Oh well fingers crossed

• 2 weeks later...

I looked on Manga's twitter a couple days ago and they said they will be having their own dub of Fairy tail along with Subs, so let's hope for the best and hope it comes to the US and it's alot better then the Animax dub

I looked on Manga's twitter a couple days ago and they said they will be having their own dub of Fairy tail along with Subs, so let's hope for the best and hope it comes to the US and it's alot better then the Animax dub

lol scary stuff , I hope the US dubs it soon to XD

Well if someone in the US liscenses it they could just use manga's dub, cause they use mostly Viz & Bandai voices actors so it wouldn't really need to be dubbed here just released, i just hope this dub is good

MANGA UK has already licensed it and will be using a US dubbing group to make the dub. With that I figure it'll be released in the US and the UK.

MANGA UK has already licensed it and will be using a US dubbing group to make the dub. With that I figure it'll be released in the US and the UK.

That would only make sense, all i know is i can't wait but dang why at the end of the year but at least they're taking time to do this right (I hope) instead of doing a rush dub like Animax's was cause they almost caught up with the original a little to fast

• 4 months later...

Well these are their best known roles:

• Todd Haberkorn - Raki in Claymore, Allen Walker in D.Gray-man, Andriod 19 in Dragon Ball Kai, Ling Yao in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Kohza in One Piece, and Death the Kid in Soul Eater.
  • Tia Ballard - Shao May in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and some other roles (usually minor) in less popular shows.
  • Colleen Clinkenbeard - Hotarubi in Basilisk, Miranda Lotto in D.Gray-man, Andriod 18 in Dragon Ball Kai, Gohan in Dragon Ball Kai, Goku as a kid in in Dragon Ball Kai and a DB Movie, Toa in Dragonaut - The Resonance, Riza Hawkeye in Fullmetal Alchemist & FMA Brotherhood, and Luffy in One Piece.
  • Cherami Leigh - Road Camelot in D.Gray-man, July in Darker than Black, Elicia Hughes in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Patty Thompson in Soul Eater.
  • Newton Pittman - Mostly just minor roles. Don't think I've heard his voice.
  • R. Bruce Elliot - Rubel in Claymore, Bookman in D.Gray-man, Basque Grand in FMA and FMAB, King Enma in Yuyu Hakusho, and then mostly just minor roles.
  • Monica Rial - Lulu Bell in D.Gray-man, Mina Tepes in Dance in the Vampire Bund, Kanami Ishizaki in Darker than Black, Bulma in Dragon Ball Kai, Kyoko Tokiwa in Full Metal Panic!, May Chang in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Tsubaki in Soul Eater, Rio Takeuchi in Spiral, and Haru Nishimura in Xam'd: Lost Memories.
  • Christopher R. Sabat - A lot of people in Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT including: Kami, Piccolo, Yamcha, Vegeta, Mr. Popo, Shenron, and most of the Ginyu Force. General Cross Marian in D.Gray-man, Alex Louis Armstrong in FMA & FMAB, Zoro in One Piece, Kiyotaka Narumi in Spiral, and Kuwabara in Yuyu Hakusho

I really don't think Todd has the ability to make Natsu seem as energetic as he is based on his past performances. He does have talent though so he might be able to make it work. I don't really know enough about Tia to be able to say if she'll work as Happy or not. I just hope she can keep up the higher pitched voice of Happy without making him sound too girly.

Colleen as Erza I can actually see working out quite well actually. I haven't heard much of Cherami Leigh's acting since most of the shows she has done I either saw long ago or watched the subtitled versions. So can't say how she'll do as Lucy. Same thing with Newton Pitman unfortunately. Gray may be one of his first few more major roles.

R. Bruce Elliot is another that most of his acting I've seen has been too long ago to really judge how he'll do Makarov. However thinking back on King Enma of Yuyu Hakusho he'll probably do pretty good as him.

Considering how Monica Rial pulled off Bulma and Haru nicely I think she might be able to pull of Mirajane. Then there is Christopher R. Sabat the man who saved Dragon Ball Z when no one else could do the voices. This guy has some serious talent to be able to pull off all those voices and for the most part make them all sound unique. His voice range fits excellently with Elfman.

Overall there are some lesser known voice casts, but there are a couple great names up there. Aside from not knowing about Lucy, Gray, and Makarov's voices too well I'm fairly certain this will turn out to be a worthwhile dub. I'm only slightly worried about the ability of the guy cast as Natsu. Which is bad considering he's the main character of the show.

Well these are their best known roles:

• Todd Haberkorn - Raki in Claymore, Allen Walker in D.Gray-man, Andriod 19 in Dragon Ball Kai, Ling Yao in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Kohza in One Piece, and Death the Kid in Soul Eater.
  • Tia Ballard - Shao May in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and some other roles (usually minor) in less popular shows.
  • Colleen Clinkenbeard - Hotarubi in Basilisk, Miranda Lotto in D.Gray-man, Andriod 18 in Dragon Ball Kai, Gohan in Dragon Ball Kai, Goku as a kid in in Dragon Ball Kai and a DB Movie, Toa in Dragonaut - The Resonance, Riza Hawkeye in Fullmetal Alchemist & FMA Brotherhood, and Luffy in One Piece.
  • Cherami Leigh - Road Camelot in D.Gray-man, July in Darker than Black, Elicia Hughes in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Patty Thompson in Soul Eater.
  • Newton Pittman - Mostly just minor roles. Don't think I've heard his voice.
  • R. Bruce Elliot - Rubel in Claymore, Bookman in D.Gray-man, Basque Grand in FMA and FMAB, King Enma in Yuyu Hakusho, and then mostly just minor roles.
  • Monica Rial - Lulu Bell in D.Gray-man, Mina Tepes in Dance in the Vampire Bund, Kanami Ishizaki in Darker than Black, Bulma in Dragon Ball Kai, Kyoko Tokiwa in Full Metal Panic!, May Chang in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Tsubaki in Soul Eater, Rio Takeuchi in Spiral, and Haru Nishimura in Xam'd: Lost Memories.
  • Christopher R. Sabat - A lot of people in Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT including: Kami, Piccolo, Yamcha, Vegeta, Mr. Popo, Shenron, and most of the Ginyu Force. General Cross Marian in D.Gray-man, Alex Louis Armstrong in FMA & FMAB, Zoro in One Piece, Kiyotaka Narumi in Spiral, and Kuwabara in Yuyu Hakusho

I really don't think Todd has the ability to make Natsu seem as energetic as he is based on his past performances. He does have talent though so he might be able to make it work. I don't really know enough about Tia to be able to say if she'll work as Happy or not. I just hope she can keep up the higher pitched voice of Happy without making him sound too girly.

Colleen as Erza I can actually see working out quite well actually. I haven't heard much of Cherami Leigh's acting since most of the shows she has done I either saw long ago or watched the subtitled versions. So can't say how she'll do as Lucy. Same thing with Newton Pitman unfortunately. Gray may be one of his first few more major roles.

R. Bruce Elliot is another that most of his acting I've seen has been too long ago to really judge how he'll do Makarov. However thinking back on King Enma of Yuyu Hakusho he'll probably do pretty good as him.

Considering how Monica Rial pulled off Bulma and Haru nicely I think she might be able to pull of Mirajane. Then there is Christopher R. Sabat the man who saved Dragon Ball Z when no one else could do the voices. This guy has some serious talent to be able to pull off all those voices and for the most part make them all sound unique. His voice range fits excellently with Elfman.

Overall there are some lesser known voice casts, but there are a couple great names up there. Aside from not knowing about Lucy, Gray, and Makarov's voices too well I'm fairly certain this will turn out to be a worthwhile dub. I'm only slightly worried about the ability of the guy cast as Natsu. Which is bad considering he's the main character of the show.

Wow that was a really good breakdown ...now I know what to kind of expect if I ever watch Fairy tail dubbed...I don't watch much dub anime so I wouldn't have a clue how those voices would sound like and if they would suit their roles...

:happy: I hope It turns out nicely...sometimes watching an anime that has voices that don't suit the character could be a bit distracting and sometimes annoying (maybe that is just me...) But lets keep our fingers crossed...especially about Natsu since he is one of my favorite characters and IS the main character...

But then again I have only read the manga ...sooo ..but anyways^^

I wonder how Natsu is going to sound with Todd Haberkorn voicing him, he seems a completely different character than his previous roles. I did like him as Ling Yao.

Colleen Clinkenbeard seems like a great fit, loved her as Riza Hawkeye.

Cherami Leigh as Lucy is an interesting one, I have only heard her as Elicia from FMA and also Patty from Soul Eater.