Last Live-Action Movie you Watched?

Koby

Fantastic Four and American Ultra. They were both okay movies but you may want to wait until those movies hit the cheap movie theatures or the DVD/Bluray or pay per view releases.

It is a different take on Fantastic Four with the origins and some of the chacters back grounds being different.They say a sequel will be made,but with profits being low I doubt it. Instead of flying out into space being bombarded with some sort of space radiation they go to a different planet/dimension and get exposed to some sort of radiation there. Although I am not sure why or how their machine took them that specific planet/dimension instead of just random planets or points in space.Because there was nothng to indicate that they had any control over specifically where they were going.If a sequel is made maybe they will explain that or figure out how to go to different planets with the machine.

American Ultra is about a stoner who is targeted for assination and he finds out that he had some experimental super spy training.Probably would have made a good  Chuck like spy tv series except with stoners instead of computer nerds.

Edited by ezikialrage

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ParasiteEve said:

Watched It Follows for my Hallow's Eve movie and I'd have to say it was pretty good and would definitely recommend it.
Tomorrow i'm gonna watch all the Evil Dead movies, then cry because I don't have Starz to watch the new show....

Thankfully we have the wonderful world of pirating to resolve that issue.

I'm sure someone from the scene community will share the new Evil Dead tv series.

• Like 1

Saw Spectre for free as had an E-ticket as a gift. Anyway i thought it was good but without spoiling i already guessed some of the twists but was glad that i was right. One thing i was happy with was the henchman MR Hinx. From just looking at him i was hoping he would be the unstoppable killer that just keeps going. Bond has not had a really tough guy that he can't beat in conventional ways for ages and i was hoping he would be like jaws or Oddjob so when that was what i got i was pleased. The actor who plays him even stated it in an interview that he was a mixture of the two. I hope that he will return in the next film. The film had a lot of throwbacks to earlyer bonds that i liked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pixels. I enjoyed it. Growing up in the 1980s when most other kids with video game systems had NES and Sega master system I had an Atari 2600 due to that is what my mom could afford.So this movie was kind of nostalgic for me.It was a good movie. There are some noticeable goofs in the movie such as some of the games not coming out in 1982 like paperboy, Tetris and a few others.

Ant Man.  When I first heard of this movie I was wondering what the hell was Marvel thinking making about making a movie about a superhero who can shrink. After all they have tons of other superheroes at their disposal that they can use for a movie.I had similar view about Guardians of the Galaxy seeing how it was not as well known as X-men,Iron Man, Spider Man, Wolverine or Ghost Rider.But like Guardians of the Galaxy I really enjoyed the movie.

Edited by ezikialrage

• 3 weeks later...

Saw SW EP 7 yesterday and even though i did not really want any more star wars films i gave it a chance. I would not say it was very good but it was not bad at all and had lots of nods to the older films. A lot of it mirrored EP 4 and i guessed right about how most of it would turn out. The new leads were ok and will probably get better over time. They used puppets and not just CG so i repected that and the action felt more like the older films. The film did not come acroos as pretencious like the prequals and the pacing was quite fast and the plot was not cluttered with politics and sanate meetings and harkened back to a simpler type of story telling of what EPS 4 to 6 were about. Now on to the original cast i must say Solo still shone in all the scenes he was in and the chemistry between him and the new characters felt right. It was just nice to see some of the old lot back and there was humor in scenes between him and chewie just like how it was. Kylo Ren was not as threatening as Vader and i'm not sure if i like him as a villain yet but i will wait for the next two films to see where they go with his story. So no spoilers but i must say that the MK 3 death star AKA starkiller being able to destroy a whole system of planets was getting a bit far fetched but i still found it amusing even though it was the same scenario but on a bigger scale. So the movie still leaves some questions but that is what a trilogy is for so we can wait for the next one in 2017. So to sum it up the movie is a nice nostalgia trip for fans of the original 3 films even though it does not quite repeat the same feel but comes closer then anything SW related since.

I recently saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens.  There could be some spoilers here, simply because I like to discuss specific things.  But this won't be too involved - not like a review or anything.

Things I liked:
-Storm troopers and tie fighters are actually pretty good, and not like the incompetent cannon fodder they've generally come to be known as
-The fighters on both sides can shoot behind them
-The new star destroyer design is pretty cool looking
-A lot of the spirit of the old movies are present
-Far exceeds the bar set by the prequels

Things I disliked:
-The storm troopers are basically Spartan soldiers from Halo instead of regular people
-Kylo Ren is a pale imitation of Darth Vader, and the fight between him and Rei(?) felt unearned
-A lot of the humor seemed out of place, as did Solo's calling out of the tropes
-JJ Abrams (or someone) really doesn't seem to understand the scale of things like a sun compared to a plane
-Kind of technobabble heavy
-Captain Phasma (or whatever her name was) comes off as another Bobba Fett or Darth Maul (played up but barely any role)
-So many coincidences, that just kind of pile up on each other to make the plot work

Questions (spoilers):
-Was there something wrong with the Millennium Falcon's top gun mount?
-If Finn was basically a Spartan and brainwashed from birth, how was he able to decide for himself the right and wrong of things whether his buddy was killed or not?  Shouldn't all of them been more along the lines of Kurt Russel and his fellow soldiers from the '90s movie Soldier?
-How did that pilot make it off of nuTattooine?
-How much did Mark Hamill get paid for a cameo?   :P
-Why does Luke have a creepy robot hand instead of his much more realistic prosthetic from the previous movies?

I finally got to see Star Wars The Force Awakens, and thankfully avoided spoilers prior to seeing it. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Afterwards, I read/watched reviews of it online, seeing what people thought of it and such, as well as the TV Tropes page (among other sites) to see if I missed anything. I do understand a lot of people's complaints, but I personally enjoyed the movie. I'm not a die-hard Star Wars fan, but I was excited to hear about a new trilogy being made. Granted, not everyone asked for it, but after the prequels, this was certainly a breath of fresh air. Listing what I liked, didn't like, etc. would be kinda pointless cuz I'm sure it'd be similar to a lot of what other people would jot down, but I certainly would recommend seeing The Force Awakens. 

• Like 1

I also recently watch Jurassic World, and I have to say that I felt a bit underwhelmed with it.  It was okay, don't get me wrong, but a lot of what was driving the plot was stupidity.  Actually the entire crisis was started off due to stupidity.  

Spoiler

I mean, here they had an animal that they didn't fully understand the capabilities of, which they thought had climbed out of its enclosure, and the very first thing they did wasn't to use the tracker?  Of course, it really goes beyond belief that the Indominous Rex wasn't noticed in scratching the wall when there are people all around at all times.

I think my next biggest problem was the aunt character, and to an extent the parent characters.  I know the excuse given for sending them off to the island without going along was the whole divorce thing, and they were taking full advantage of the fact that they had family running the big fancy theme park, but it was pretty stupid that they thought she'd take a break from, you know, running the place, to play babysitter.  The movie tried to play her off as neglectful, but honestly she probably did about the best she could in terms of her nephews, aside from picking the wrong employee to look after them.  Actually my biggest beef with the aunt is how she was treated by the movie.  They tried to parallel her with Hammond, except that was mainly visually.  But she actually held her own, though it was kind of ridiculous that she was running around the jungle with heels on.  For me the low blow was that after she'd saved the Chris Pratt character and just been reintroduced to the kids after they managed to save themselves, they just out of nowhere decided they liked Chris Pratt and that they'd be safer with him.

Then there's the bit at the end with the dinosaurs fighting each other.

Spoiler

The aunt outran a T-Rex, in heels.  I mean, for all the fan service in the form of references to the first movie, they apparently forgot the T-Rex was clocked at 35 MPH.  They also apparently forgot that Dr. Malcolm did pretty much the same stunt but that it didn't work so well for him when he tossed the flare away.  I guess the fight itself was as cool as any of the others, it's just that through the whole thing, I couldn't help but think that even if the T-Rex won, they'd still have that T-Rex to deal with afterward.  But instead it just kind of wandered off for no real reason.

I thought the aunt's development was natural enough, I guess.  You could see she grew at least somewhat over the course of the film.  The other characters just kind of felt like they were there, though I liked the fact the kids basically rescued themselves, even though they were largely only in trouble due to the older brother taking them off on their own (no automation on those giant hamster balls?).

For me, the biggest take-away of this movie was the allegory with making movies.  The drive for bigger and better to keep relevant was just to obvious a parallel, especially with the mention of focus groups, which is one of the favorite excuses offered up for why a stupid decision was made about something.

There was a bit in there about the military industrial complex

Spoiler

apparently the entire point behind the I-Rex program, and Chris Pratt's playing Alpha to the raptors.

It fell kind of flat to me, though I know there's probably a bit of truth to the attitude as it was presented.  For me the most laughable aspect was that the movie played up their build-up of weapons, equipment, and people, and then they just kind of wandered off on their own.

Keep in mind, these are mainly nitpicks, and they didn't ruin the movie for me exactly, it's just that I didn't really get into it all that much either.

Edited by Hicks

• 1 month later...

Starship Troopers,  Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation,  Starship Troopers 3: Marauder and Starship Troopers: Invasion.

Good movies. They kind of remind of the old Robocop movies that would have ocp commercials and news stories.But the 4th film deviated from that. The 2nd film could be seen as more of a spin off than a sequel since none of the characters in the first movie were in it.Although some elements from it appear in the 3rd movie. The 4th movie was not live action, but computer animated. Seeing how it was computer animated I would have thought that maybe they could have made the characters look a little like the actors from the first movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Deadpool. Was an ok action movie with added gore but i still am not that keen on the deadpool character. I know the humor is vulger but i found it annoying even though people laughed all the way through. If you like Marvel and Deadpool then go and watch but there is way too much Superhero movies coming out and i don't know if i want to see every single one.

Deadpool. Don't get me wrong, I loved it. Not just because I'm already a fan of the character or whatever, but I genuinely enjoyed watching it. Plus this is the first Marvel movie by Fox I've seen theatrically. And it was really worth it.

I was gonna go on a tangent/rant about some things related to it, but decided not to give myself another headache.

• 2 weeks later...