Site status update Feb 18 2019 Read more... ×
Koby

Last Live-Action Movie you Watched?

Went to see A Star is Born last month. Lady Gaga was excellent. Bradley Cooper was good too, but he looked so greasy throughout the movie.

Looking forward to seeing "How to Train your Dragon III" ... now that's a big difference from the other movie, but I'll bet I enjoy it even more. 😋    

Overlord (2018).

Had my eye on this ever since it was announced. Watched a WEB-DL version last night.

Admittedly it was rather disappointing. Plot turned out the be fairly generic. The ''villain'' also felt very forced.

Robin Hood (2018)

A very different take on the legend of Robin Hood. Actually enjoyed it more than I expected to.

So Alita: Battle Angel [2019] was actually pretty good. Only a few small differences between the anime OVA and the movie and imo the added scenes were definitely for the better as the OVA felt very choppy and rushed, while the movie worked. There was a little bit in the 2nd quarter of the film that kind of dragged for a moment, but it picked back up and overall we liked it.

If you thought the "love story" was bad in the live-action, you should have seen it in the original anime OVA. The movie at least tried to build it somewhat.