Last Live-Action Movie you Watched?

Koby

Captain America Civil War on Netfllix, it's a pretty good movie and I have to say I think this may be my favorite Spiderman out of the last 3 incarnations at the movies. Though I am curious how he doesn't have anything to do with the new Venom movie when Spiderman is crucial to Venom, without Spidey can there even be a Venom?

4 minutes ago, thedoctor2014 said:

Captain America Civil War on Netfllix, it's a pretty good movie and I have to say I think this may be my favorite Spiderman out of the last 3 incarnations at the movies. Though I am curious how he doesn't have anything to do with the new Venom movie when Spiderman is crucial to Venom, without Spidey can there even be a Venom?

Sony is making a Venom movie separate from the MCU, that's why. And Sony will keeping making more movies about Spidey's villains (like Black Cat and Silver Sable, among others) - without Spidey. Unless somehow Venom bombs and leads to Marvel Studios fully getting Spider-Man and associated characters back. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Predaking-117 said:

Sony is making a Venom movie separate from the MCU, that's why. And Sony will keeping making more movies about Spidey's villains (like Black Cat and Silver Sable, among others) - without Spidey. Unless somehow Venom bombs and leads to Marvel Studios fully getting Spider-Man and associated characters back. 

Yeah, I'm worried about both movies bombing though I can maybe see Black Cat and Silver Sable having a chance to work without Spidey. From everything I've seen though, Venom absorbed Spidey's powers before being rejected and the symbiote moving onto Eddie Brock giving him SPidey's powerset basically boosted by the symbiote. I just can't see how they are going to explain how Venom became Venom without Spidey unless this is set after Spidey rejected the suit and Venom has been around for awhile. I guess then SPidey wouldn't have to be in the movie, but from what I've heard Spidey will have absolutely zero to do with the Venom movie which is already sending red flags up for me. I plan to keep an open mind, but I truly fear this is going to backfire and cause the movie to bomb big time.

Its too much that the lame american film industry has to bring every super hero or villain that is well known to the screen but with different companies having the rights to different characters that means they can't have them mix.

Anyway i saw Black Panther and thought it was about as good as Thor Ragnorok.

Have started Jessica Jones series 2 but only 3 eps into it.

May go to see Venom but do not expect too much out of it.

Also watching Agents of shield series 5 but only a few eps in again.

Black Panther.Pretty good movie.

The Last Jedi. It was okay, not great

Spoiler

The movie can be summed up as the following--

Trigger happy fly boy ignores orders and causes lots of deaths on his side and destruction of a shit load of valuable resistance ships and fighters just to nail one big bad guy ship and repeat a couple of times. Had he followed orders those people on his side would still be alive and they would still have that valuable resistance ships and fighters and the enemy wouldn't know where they fled to.

Tomb Raider 2018, it was ok. I feel like they should have either followed the story of the game better or just done it's own story entirely. Instead, it gives a bit of a bastardized version of the games plot which was rather disappointing. If a sequel comes out and does better it might make up for this one's short comings.

• 2 weeks later...

Avengers: Infinity War. I know James Cameron, among other Hollywood heads, say there's superhero fatigue. I know some people, like a certain 'diehard' DC Facebook group, will shit talk about IW & Marvel in general. Well screw them. I fucking loved this movie. It was surprisingly dark, and the humor doesn't detract from it. The beats hit at the right times. This is something I'll gladly rewatch. Also, Thanos does live up to the hype.

And I can't wait for the rest of the Phase 3.

Edited by Predaking-117