Last Live-Action Movie you Watched?

Koby

Saw wonder woman. I don't like the DC characters as much as i used to but i heard it was good so i went. Firstly any character that is related to gods or has super powers just because they are aliens i do not relate to as much as someone who has trained or has been experimented on to get powers. That is why i am not keen on wonder woman but the movie version of her and the first world war setting was done well. There was a twist that i managed to predict and was glad i was right. I liked some of the action scenes and all in all i think it is the best DCCU movie so far. Not bad and it will get people more hyped for the justice league movie.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, neodeathgod said:

Saw wonder woman. I don't like the DC characters as much as i used to but i heard it was good so i went. Firstly any character that is related to gods or has super powers just because they are aliens i do not relate to as much as someone who has trained or has been experimented on to get powers. That is why i am not keen on wonder woman but the movie version of her and the first world war setting was done well. There was a twist that i managed to predict and was glad i was right. I liked some of the action scenes and all in all i think it is the best DCCU movie so far. Not bad and it will get people more hyped for the justice league movie.

That's the magic of marvel, despite their super powers they have the same real life problems all of us have (except Iron Man I guess lol). If you look at all the DC heroes before all the Marvel heroes came along in the 60s how many of them had real life human problems? Even someone with zero powers who's just a dude in a suit like Batman isn't always relatable cuz lets be honest how many of us are going on some sort of crusade by choice not to mention how many of us are born as financially privileged as Bruce Wayne? Even the alien from another world thing can be relatable cuz it's the same as being a foreigner even if their natural powers aren't relatable, and even in being born with said natural ablities they still have to learn how to use them as with any skill no matter how it's acquired.

• Like 1

I know they still have to test their powers but just being born with things like being invulnerable or immortal makes me not even want to relate to them. When someone lives for ever or far longer then any real lifespan and in real life all people go on about is getting old it just annoys me. Mutants in the x men series i don't mind though and you get to see their personal struggles in life and that i can get behind. I used to like batman but am now so sick of the character. Yes he lost hos parents and became a vigilante but he has a ton of wealth and can solve any problem. The Marvel characters i can relate to more in general.

I saw wonder woman a couple days ago. In the beginning it was ok I heard some Greek mythology I hadn't heard before but then it just turned into a female version of captain America the first avenger, a movie that I could not stay awake long enough to enjoy. I guess I don't really see the appeal of putting god-like super heroes in boring human war scenarios.

9 hours ago, diamonddustlove said:

I saw wonder woman a couple days ago. In the beginning it was ok I heard some Greek mythology I hadn't heard before but then it just turned into a female version of captain America the first avenger, a movie that I could not stay awake long enough to enjoy. I guess I don't really see the appeal of putting god-like super heroes in boring human war scenarios.

Spoiler

Captain America: The First Avenger is set in WW2, and most of the movie is set in that time period purposely instead of half the movie being in modern day (as Disney executives wanted, but Kevin Fiege stepped in and told them no). Steve Rogers having half a movie where he tries to fit into the modern world would be like every other cliche fish-out-of-water story, regardless of how well or poorly it's done. So him trying to make a difference in WW2 (like he kinda did in the comics) was what most of his origin is about. 

At the time of her character's creation, Diana was another icon made during WW2 and had stories where she fought Nazis. The live-action Wonder Woman movie was purposely set in WW1 as to not be compared too much to CA TFA. Yes there are other similarities, but are not carbon copies of each other at all. Yeah, one Steve gets frozen for over 60 years and later helps form the Avengers, the other dies. Also while it's not made clear why WW1 made Diana step away from man's world before stepping into the spotlight again in BvS, but it probably wouldn't be a stretch either if she did sorta help out in WW2 or other conflicts in the meantime, but stayed under the radar for the most part.

TL;DR, what would you have done instead?

Edited by Predaking-117

Spider-Man: Homecoming.  Loved the movie, even though there were a couple of things that my geek brain couldn't get over.  Loved all the easter eggs, and Tom Holland is great as both Spider-Man and Peter Parker, which I personally didn't think either Garfield and especially Maguire were able to do.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2017 at 10:26 AM, bookert said:

Spider-Man: Homecoming.  Loved the movie, even though there were a couple of things that my geek brain couldn't get over.  Loved all the easter eggs, and Tom Holland is great as both Spider-Man and Peter Parker, which I personally didn't think either Garfield and especially Maguire were able to do.

Good to hear. Yea Maguire was the fucking worst. Even his symbiote Spider Man was awful, what's the most evil thing he did as Black Spider Man? Publicly humiliate his girlfriend in a small cafe of 20 people at most?

• Like 1