Resident Evil or Silent Hill

Koby

Which is better?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Resident Evil
    • Silent Hill

definitely resident evil. RE2 is the best imo. A lot of people complain about the camera angles but it really doesn't bother me.

Resident Evil 2, to date, I've finished 37 times. I just adore the game!

Not to mention that Leon A, Leon B, Claire A, Claire B, Tofu and Hulk = one of the best value for money games!

If we talk about movies, then RE takes the lead, thanx to Mila Yovovich and the director Paul Anderson. He has esperiense in makin good movies based on games, he made first Mortal Kombat.

But... The SH movie turned out to be much better than I thought it would. I reallly like the SH atmosphere, it's fantastic. I played the second part on PC, and the music is still curved into my brains. The plot is deep and original.

though i must admit that playing RE 5 coop is awesome ( but more due to coop, than to the game itself).

Resident Evil 2, to date, I've finished 37 times. I just adore the game!

Not to mention that Leon A, Leon B, Claire A, Claire B, Tofu and Hulk = one of the best value for money games!

That's awesome, I know what you mean...I remember when that game came out it consumed my soul for the next 6 months or so. Same thing happened with Final Fantasy VII. I only own a PSX so I still play those two games on a constant basis.

• 4 weeks later...

That's definately Silent Hill!

1 to 3 was great but from there on it went only downhill I think. :(

There was a really great making of over at destructoid.com which just shows how incredible these guys are who made silent hill.

• 2 weeks later...
I just cannot decide on this. Silent Hill has the psychological factor to it, but Resident Evil is traditional in its way with zombies.

When it comes down to it I'll pick Resident Evil, but because Resident Evil 2 is one of my all-favorite games!

I have to say this though that, IMHO, both series have gone down. i don't even classify RE5 as a Resident Evil game and Silent hill 5 is way too action for its own good.

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

RE4 and 5 were great, but they didn't feel like RE games to me (Well 5 anyway, didn't play a lot of 4, but I own 5). RE1/2/3 had such a fear factor to it. You were scared to turn every corner. Every enemy, be it lone zombie or final boss, was life threatening. Ammo and herbs/spray were scarce. You were just trying to survive.

But with RE5 there can be waves of zombies and I don't even flinch, just start mowing em down.

just finished silent hill : Shattered Memories!!!!!......thought it was useless cause theres no combat.....BUT what a game!!!!.....enjoyed it....n amazing endings....way easier than the others...the game literally tunes its self and changes according to the way u play and your personality!...my first silent hill that I've completed!......Silent hill 4, Silent hill 3, and Silent hill origins yet to go!....almost half way through Silent hill 4......

By the way I would like to meet anyone who has finished Silent hill 4 without a walkthrough.....cause its impossible!!!!!!.....difficult as hell!!....and definitely more scarier than the rest! :D

• 2 weeks later...