Resident Evil or Silent Hill

Koby

Which is better?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Resident Evil
    • Silent Hill

Which do you prefer between Silent Hill and Resident Evil? I haven't played any of the Silent Hill, but I played like the first Resident Evil only. However I have watched the Silent Hill movie and the two Resident Evil movies. So what do people think is the best when it comes to the games? Both series has like 5 now.. including the new ones about to be released.

Huh, well Resident Evil 4 is awesome. blood, gore, decent story, great graphics, and on the PS2 version, a whole load of extra features. Silent hill games have a little less emphasize on action compared to RE4, but the story and mood of helplessness and despair really comes over you. Plus it is good at making some people crap their pants.

So in terms of action, RE.

terms of story, I go with silent hill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i've finished RE4...brilliant n fun game. I've also heard a lot about RE5. Want to play it.Im also playing silent hill 4:the room.

@Koby-in terms of silent hill try going for any of the first four series because they were made by 'team silent'....other versions such as SH origins was made after the team broke up..n i didnt like the game...played only the first 2 levels or so.

And definately go for SH 4....its shit scary and has a really hooking storyline!

• 2 weeks later...

I just cannot decide on this. Silent Hill has the psychological factor to it, but Resident Evil is traditional in its way with zombies.

When it comes down to it I'll pick Resident Evil, but because Resident Evil 2 is one of my all-favorite games!

I have to say this though that, IMHO, both series have gone down. i don't even classify RE5 as a Resident Evil game and Silent hill 5 is way too action for its own good.