- 0 replies
- 328 views
- Add Reply
- Lizzie Freeman as Kotoko Iwanaga
- Brandon Winckler as Kuro Sakuragawa
- Lauren Landa as Saki Yumihara
- Kayli Mills as Karin Nanase
- Cristina Vee as Rikka Sakuragawa
- 1 reply
- 442 views
- Add Reply
- 1 reply
- 363 views
- Add Reply
- 2 replies
- 549 views
- Add Reply
- 4 replies
- 665 views
- Add Reply
Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series Chernobyl, is reteaming with HBO to adapt The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.
In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.
Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television in association with PlayStation Productions. It will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.
Launched in 2013, Sony and Naughty Dog's The Last of Us garnered critical praise for its engrossing tale of the postapocalypse, centering on the relationship between Joel, a smuggler in this new world, and Ellie, a teenager who may be key to a cure for the deadly pandemic.
Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle the14-year-old girl out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse across the U.S. and depend on each other for survival. The HBO series will cover the events of the original game, which was written by Druckmann, with the possibility of additional content based on the forthcoming game sequel, The Last of Us Part II, which will release on May 29, 2020.
Mazin, who is said to be an avid player of the game, stated, "Neil Druckmann is without question the finest storyteller working in the video game medium, and The Last of Us is his magnum opus. Getting a chance to adapt this breathtaking work of art has been a dream of mine for years, and I'm so honored to do it in partnership with Neil."
"From the first time I sat down to talk with Craig I was equally blown away by his approach to narrative and his love and deep understanding of The Last of Us," said Druckmann in a statement. "With Chernobyl, Craig and HBO created a tense, harrowing, emotional masterpiece. I couldn't think of better partners to bring the story of The Last of Us to life as a television show."
The Last of Us won numerous "game of the year" awards and went on to sell more than 17 million copies across both its original release on the PlayStation 3 and a remastered version on PlayStation 4.
"This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for us to partner with Craig, Neil, Carolyn and the teams at Sony, Naughty Dog and PlayStation to bring the virtual world of this acclaimed game to life," stated HBO programming president Casey Bloys.
"This is the first of many shows we intend to develop with our friends at PlayStation Productions," said Chris Parnell, co-president of Sony Pictures Television Studios. The Last of Us is a brilliant achievement in storytelling and character development, and we are lucky to have the opportunity to work with this team to adapt it."
Druckmann is a longtime vet of Naughty Dog, starting as a programming intern in 2004. In 2007, he was given the role of game designer on Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, the first installment in the action adventure series. In 2013, he created The Last of Us, based on a concept he developed as a student at Carnegie Mellon University.
Mazin's Chernobyl tackled a bleak and complex true-life event and became a must-see show for HBO. The show won an Emmy for outstanding limited series and landed one for Mazin for outstanding writing. Mazin also won a PGA award and a WGA award.
Crunchyroll announced the cast of the English dub for the television anime of Kyo Shirodaira and Chasiba Katase's In/Spectre (Kyokō Suiri or Invented Interface) manga at its panel at C2E2 on Friday. The dub will debut on Crunchyroll on Saturday, February 29.
The English dub cast includes:
The anime is a Crunchyroll co-production and part of the Crunchyroll Originals slate. The series premiered in Japan on January 11, and it will have 12 episodes. Crunchyroll is also streaming the anime with English subtitles as it airs.
Kodansha Comics is publishing the manga in English, and it describes the supernatural mystery romance:
When she was still just a girl, Kotoko was kidnapped by yokai. These spirits made her into a powerful intermediary between the spirit and human worlds, but this power came at a price: an eye and a leg. Now, years later, she watches out for dangerous yokai while developing feelings for a young man named Kuro, who is also special: an incident with a yokai has given him healing powers. He's surprised when Kotoko asks him to team up to handle renegade yokai, preserving the thin line between reality and the supernatural.
Keiji Gotoh (Kiddy Grade, Endride, Sengoku Collection) is directing the anime at Brains Base, and Noboru Takagi (Durarara!!, Golden Kamuy, Kuroko's Basketball) is in charge of the series scripts. Takatoshi Honda (RIN-NE conceptual design) is designing the characters and serving as chief animation director. NAS is presenting the project. Lie and a Chameleon are writing and performing the opening theme song "Mononoke in the Fiction." Mamoru Miyano is performing the anime's ending theme song "Last Dance."
Katase launched the manga based on a 2011 novel by Shirodaira (Spiral, The Record of a Fallen Vampire, Blast of Tempest) in Kodansha's Shōnen Magazine R in April 2015.
A superior balance of power and speed
• Next Generation Custom Processor: Delivering four times the processing power of an Xbox One and enabling developers to leverage 12 TFLOPS of GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) RDNA 2.0 performance, Xbox Series X delivers a true generational leap in processing and graphics power with cutting edge techniques resulting in higher framerates, larger, more sophisticated game worlds, and an immersive experience unlike anything seen in console gaming.
• Variable Rate Shading (VRS): VRS empowers developers to more efficiently utilize the full power of the Xbox Series X. They can prioritize individual effects on specific game characters or important environmental objects. This technique results in more stable frame rates and higher resolution, with no impact on the final image quality.
• Hardware-accelerated DirectX Raytracing: You can expect more dynamic and realistic environments powered by hardware-accelerated DirectX Raytracing – a first for console gaming. This means true-to-life lighting, accurate reflections and realistic acoustics in real time as you explore the game world.
Immersion in an instant
The next console generation will be defined by more playing and less waiting.
• SSD Storage: With the next-generation SSD, nearly every aspect of playing games is improved. Game worlds are larger, more dynamic and load in a flash and fast travel is just that – fast.
• Quick Resume: The new Quick Resume feature lets you continue multiple games from a suspended state almost instantly, returning you to where you were and what you were doing, without waiting through long loading screens.
• Dynamic Latency Input (DLI): With Dynamic Latency Input (DLI), a new feature which synchronizes input immediately with what is displayed, controls are even more precise and responsive.
• HDMI 2.1 Innovation: ALLM allows Xbox One and Xbox Series X to automatically set the connected display to its lowest latency mode. VRR synchronizes the display’s refresh rate to the game’s frame rate, maintaining smooth visuals without tearing. Ensuring minimal lag and the most responsive gaming experience.
• 120 fps Support: With support for up to 120 fps, Xbox Series X allows developers to exceed standard 60 fps output in favor of heightened realism or fast-paced action.
The next generation of game compatibility
• Four generations of gaming: Existing Xbox One games, including backward-compatible Xbox 360 and original Xbox games, look and play better than ever before. Your favorite games, including titles in Xbox Game Pass, benefit from steadier framerates, faster load times and improved resolution and visual fidelity – all with no developer work required. Your Xbox One gaming accessories also come forward with you.
• Smart Delivery: This technology empowers you to buy a game once and know that – whether you are playing it on Xbox One or Xbox Series X – you are getting the right version of that game on whatever Xbox you’re playing on.
• Xbox Game Pass: The leading game subscription service, Xbox Game Pass, will continue to have first party games, like Halo Infinite, included at their launch.
Crunchyroll announced on Tuesday that it will begin streaming the English dub of the World Trigger anime on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. EST in the United States and Canada. The release will include 48 episodes with an English dub.
World Trigger from Toei Animation premiered in October 2014 and the series ended in April 2016 with 73 episodes in total.
Toei Animation premiered the first three English-dubbed episodes at Anime Expo in July 2015. Toei Animation itself commissioned the English dub of the first six to seven episodes.
Crunchyroll streamed the English sub of the anime as it aired in Japan. Hulu also streamed the series.
Toei Animation describes the anime's story:
World Trigger begins when a mysterious gate to another world is opened in Mikado City, letting invaders from another dimension called "Neighbors" overrun the area.
A new defense league called "Border" is created in order to protect the City from these apparitions. The fighters are equipped with an amazing weapon called "Trigger" allowing them to put on an armor and use special powers.
The story takes place four years after those events, when a young student, Yuma Kuga, arrives at Mikado City. He witnesses, along with another student Osamu Mikuno, a portal opening. To fight the creature, Osamu finds himself forced to reveal his affiliation to the Border and pulls his Trigger out. When Osamu is injured, Yuma joins the fight and saves him. Yuma turns out to be very powerful!
Who is really Yuma? Why did he come to Mikado City?
The anime is getting a new season that will air on TV Asahi.
Daisuke Ashihara debuted the World Trigger manga in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in 2013. The 21st compiled book volume shipped on December 4 in Japan. Viz Media publishes the manga series simultaneously in its digital anthology version of Weekly Shonen Jump.
Ashihara took a one-week break in September 2014 to treat the nerve roots affected by cervical spondylosis (wear and tear on neck area of spinal column), and has since taken several one-week breaks due to sudden illness. The manga went on hiatus in November 2016 due to Ashihara's poor physical health, and returned in the magazine in October 2018 for five issues before moving to Shueisha's Jump SQ. magazine in December 2018. The manga then took a one-month break in June 2019 so that Ashihara could recover from intestinal obstruction complications that arose from his recent cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal surgery). The manga took another one-month break in November due to Ashihara's poor physical health.
FUNimation confirmed today that it has removed the Interspecies Reviewers anime from its streaming platform. The company provided the following statement:
After careful consideration, we determined that this series falls outside of our standards. We have the utmost respect for our creators so rather than substantially alter the content, we felt taking it down was the most respectful choice.
FUNimation began streaming the series on its website earlier this month. The company planned to stream the series with both English subtitles and an English dub.
The anime premiered in Japan on January 11, and is slated to have 12 episodes.
Yuki Ogawa (FLCL Progressive, Miru Tights) is directing the anime at Passione. Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Dropkick on My Devil!, Girls' Last Tour) is in charge of series composition. Makoto Uno (Witchblade, The Qwaser of Stigmata, High School DxD Hero) is designing the characters. Kotone Uchihigashi is composing the music. Voice cast members Junji Majima, Yūsuke Kobayashi, and Miyu Tomita are performing both the opening theme song "Ikōze☆Paradise" and the ending theme song "Hanabira Ondo."
Yen Press licensed the manga, and it describes the story:
Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder! From elves to succubi to cyclopes and more, the Interspecies Reviewers rate the red-light delights of all manner of monster girls…the only thing is, they can never agree on which species is the hottest!
The manga ran as a special one-shot in Kadokawa's Monthly Dragon Age magazine in July 2016, and the company is also publishing the manga in compiled print volumes. The manga won the DLsite Award in Da Vinci Magazine and Niconico's Tsugi ni Kuru Manga Awards.
- Charlie Brown
- John Smith
- Alonso Esteban
- Green Dragoon
- Captain Caveman
- Aku Soku Zan